Now my motor finally went...

i guess @ prp is when it staring running like shit and smoking real bad, that would explain my slower times i suppose. anyways, ever since then i’ve been taking it easy on it but today on my way to work i noticed smoke coming in my car and it smelled like oil so i pulled over. i popped my hood and noticed my oil catch can (which is just a tube from the vavle cover into a dasani water bottle) was puring smoke out of the top…so i took off my oil cap and about a 3 foot foutian of steam and oil sprayed everywhere, and continued to spray until oil cap was back on. so i turned around and went home.

to my understanding i blew the head gasket. owell…
i was planning on taking it off the road for the winter to rebuild the motor and paint the car anyways,just not this soon. i dont see the reason to fix it right now since winter is just around the corner…

…the beatings will continue next year.

oh man sorry to hear

shit sorry to hear that… you and justin can ride bikes together now

man that sucks! your car was a real strong running car too. oh well, build it up right this time and boost it more!! go get some low low 12’s or 11s

Oil in catch can and spewing out the valve cover usually sounds like rings.

hole in piston

are you serious?

piston rings would make sense to me, but a hole in the piston…:eek4:

i have no idea what happened, havent taken it apart yet…just assumed a headgasket

it ran really good, couldnt be happier with what i got out of the setup. definitely building the bottom end (was planning on doing it this winter anyways) for more boost. should have no problem at all going 11’s next year…

sorry to hear

prolly a messed up tune.

was only a matter of time…time to dig into the pockets. that thing was a screamer while it lasted though. I usually see others honda motors on stock pistons lasting not much longer than a year max if running 8-10+ psi and spanking them.

Stock motors can last for years. I tuned a friends b18 LS motor and its been going well for about 4 years now on a 57 trim t3/t4 at 8-10psi depending on how the wastegate feels. I guess I’ve got a conservitive touch because my eclipse motor has been fine and my friends turbo hondas have been fine.

Their are a few local kids who DIY their own tune and they typically blow their motors in a week. I guess thats how you learn.

You can build the motor all you want but it’ll blow just the same, it’ll just take 1 second longer before you hole a piston. You still got to learn the in’s and outs of a turbo car. Cheap lesson on a stock motor though.

Now where are the guys who post up about DSM reliability and DSM car meets taking place in a junkyard? LOL J/K.

damn dude that sucks!!! wanna ride bikes now?

Bummer. Sorry to hear.

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :cool:

u rock’n a huffy justin?

Sorry to hear
Ill help you build it.

10.6 compression + Boost + beating the hell out of it = what i expected

Sure!

thanks, i probably just do pistons, rods, arp head studs/rod bolts, and w/e else $ permitting…