Vancouver 2010 Olympics

Opening Ceremonies:

Absolute shit.

i’ve never even seen real native indians… and from this bullshit you’d think that’s all we’re about up here.

the 4 nation chiefs didnt even show up on time and during the introductions the executive booth was full of people who didnt even realise they were on international televison at all

and what the hell was with those big icicle penises and the 400 idiots dancing around them for 45 minutes???

then the silly people dressed in white dancing half-heartedly beside the teams that entered the stadium…

this is totally embarassing… i am ashamed that this is how Canada is representing itself here.

Nelly Furtado and Bryan Adams standing on some white stage with no choreography of any kind lamely singing some gay-ass song surrouned by those same 400 natives with some random 3-4 man crews dancing in multi-coloured blankets scattered around the field…

what

the

fux

what the hell is this big ass LED polar bear all about?

looks like the bear from the coke commercials

hahaha

big surprise, these suck, just like everything else from Canada.

Fucking China for tricking me in to watching them.

Jokes aside, I think the more interesting part was supposed to follow the parade.

i havent paid attention to the olympics at all. the company i work for was the architect for the speed skating oval and ive been having to hear about these god damn olympics for months. ive been sick of it before they even started.

i’d hate to work for the firm that designed the luge run.

ooh… one of my buddies from highschool is one of the tap dancers…

does not redeem the ceremony

Canada - Full of Native Indians and tap dancing, flannel wearing, fake tattoo covered, fiddle playing, drunks.

At least they are polite.

^lol.

I was just reading about Canada’s government in order to find something to make fun of them for.

Canada became a country at Confederation in 1867. Our system of government is a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary democracy. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is Queen of Canada and Head of State. The Governor General is the representative of the Queen in Canada.

Haha.

Way to screw up the finale torch lighting. $40 million show and you don’t have a manual backup system to open a trap door?!?

Go Canada!

Canada should have outsourced the olympics to China. :picard:

ignore the video, listen to the song.

No mention of the luger dying?

^^theres a whole seperate thread on it.

Yeah. I fail.

It wasn’t that bad LOL! I spent several weeks in vancouver as a contractor for VANOC. Watching the opening on TV was so much less impressive than in person. The lighting was amazing when I saw rehearsals but seeing them on TV and it was in HD I was sort of let. Watching the opening on TV was so much less impressive than in person.

I have to admit I am way more into the olympics now than I have ever been probably because I spent so much time at all the venues.

At least they have free health care…

LOL every canadian I mentioned that to thought we were fucking insaine to want it.

I’ve been enjoying watching the events. The freestyle skiing event was badass. I’ve never really watched this stuff before. The short-track speed skating is more intense than I thought. The american Apollo Ono is pretty good. He got lucky winning the silver medal the other night.

I was sort of laughing at how obscure the Bi-athlon event is (and some of the other wacky events). Cross-country skiing and Rifle shooting in one? It must be hard though, they have to hit those targets with their heart-rates up, breathing somewhat heavy. That’s gotta be challenging.

I watched some figure skating since it was on. I’m sort of meh on it.