Vehicle Shipping Companies

Looking for a reliable shipping company that will ship a car from Florida to Buffalo.

Does anybody have any recommendations for shipping or should I start searching on Florida Craigslist?

Could try UShip

My father used an enclosed hauler. http://soexinc.com/

They were awesome

I second uship, basically like the eBay of shippers. You can check feedback scores, take bids on shipments, etc. I had a bike shipped from Indiana years ago through a uship bidder and was extremely happy with the experience.

I used uShip to get my toolbox and motorcycle out to California. Kinda got fucked over but in the end it worked out.

For the return trip I am bringing 2 cars. I had an auction on uShip that ended on Sunday. Prices started around 2400 and ended around 1900. They all had $100 fees on top of that price. “service charge” or something lame. Sunday morning I got an email saying I have 24 hours to accept a bid, I log in 14 hours later and the whole auction has expired, all of the bids have been canceled. I guess their 24 hours started before the email was sent. I relisted but then decided to directly contact one of the shippers who bid. Their best price on uShip was 2150, they are doing it for 1875. Picking up this Thursday so I can give feedback in a couple weeks how it all goes down. Everyone on there is a broker so you won’t get bids from actual drivers, but that’s kinda how it is I guess. I am using 2 J’s auto transport. https://www.facebook.com/2-Js-Auto-Transport-428291157240700/ I called, got a quote, and had everything figured out in 5 minutes. A few hours later the driver they assigned called me and we are good to go.

If you’re looking for a local guy rather than a complete internet stranger, you could try calling Cappellino Chevy and ask for Brian Cappellino. I did a swap with them on trading my Corvette on a Lotus I had them buy in so I didn’t have to pay sales tax. They shipped the Lotus up in an enclosed trailer as part of the deal from South Carolina for about $600. I was sketchy hiring a stranger to tow a Lotus because they’re so easy to destroy. I would imagine that I got a good rate because of the remainder of the deal and I don’t think that they do tons of shipping, but they do pick up specialty cars for sale or personal collections on the east coast from my understanding and they might be running a route down south at some point if you aren’t on a strict time frame. If it’s something less fragile, the internet grab bag of shippers work fine IMO. Good luck!

I used to work for a moving company called “AAA Florida bound truck” that would take furniture, occasionally cars in enclosed trailers and other items to Florida. They are right here in Williamsville. You may be able to get a deal if you are coming from florida back to buffalo as we were typically light coming back. Give them a shot.

Yes, Brian just married my wife’s cousin and they are on their honeymoon at the moment. I am purchasing this vehicle from my uncle who is about to purchase a Maserati. I will reach out to Bryan when he comes back in town.

• Updated - - -

Thanks!

I will get quotes from uship, AAA Florida bound truck, and Cappellino

Just talked with Allan and he provided me a fair quote for an enclosed trailer.

• Updated - - -

He mentioned that he remembered you. They don’t do a whole lot of shipping but in that specific instance, the stars really lined up for you :slight_smile:

Guess I lucked out. I figured it was worth a shot. Glad you found someone to move it!

Update if anyone cares. Both vehicles got delivered yesterday ahead of schedule:

[ATTACH]37164[/ATTACH]

edit: fuck vb has dropped the ball with uploading images, couldn’t get it to display. I’m sorry.

Thanks for the review. I am kind of surprised of the high prices on uShip - offers from 1500 to 994 +Service charge. I did my auction for a few weeks out hoping for a better price too

Looks like his wife is working summer school so he can no longer do it

Check out these guys. If your schedule is flexible, they may be able to work with you. They don’t primarily do cars, but have in the past if it works out: http://www.uship.com/profile/nightowltransport2500/

I was able to get a shipping quote for 840 (from door to door, insured, etc)