Very basic animation...

hey, thought I’d post this… my first attempt at animating in 3D studio max. Yeah, it’s only 1 second long and not much, but like I said… it’s my first attempt lol.

I wish it were like animating in traditional 3D CAD programs (using constraints and all that good stuff) but so far, I havent figured that much out yet. Shit, just modeling took some getting used to (and still learning).

reguardless… I used a clay material with a Vray lighting system. I’ll be doing more as I get better. Total Rendering took approx 1 hour. enjoy :slight_smile:

http://media.putfile.com/simple-3ds-animation

werd… 3d modling is fun as hell but soooo time consuming, when i used to work at UB i got into using Alias|Wavefront Maya and spent the entire summer making a model of the Center for the Arts Building, once i finally finished it and went to render it, the timer read out 99999:99 hours (maxed out). Ended up having to grab a shitload of spare computers and setting them up network render, it still took over a full 24 hours for a 2 minute “tour” through the building :stuck_out_tongue:

oh werd? I just got Maya 6.0 Unlimited actually… you got a PM man, I need help getting it running

Nice Steve… :tup:

My sister used Maya at RIT she majored in Computer animation and works in the studio where Jimmy Neutron was made

thanks matt :tup:

oh really? no shit… honestly, before I got into mechanical design, thats what I really wanted to do as a career. I still want to go back to school for it… but it looks doubtful these days. Working 40-50 hours a week owns anytime I’d have for school :tdown: :frowning:

Make a spinning NYSpeed logo

yea my sister is working 6 days a week 8 hrs a day, to crank out their movie

hmmmm… can you get me a higher resolution picture? Shoot me a PM if ya really want me to. What kind of font used would be extremely helpful aswell.

yea my sister is working 6 days a week 8 hrs a day, to crank out their movie
oh I believe it man… like I said, just for something so simple to take that long is just crazy (i’m refering to what I did). Doing a whole movie would be tedious to say the least lol

they have i think about 200 animators and other prodcution people. etc…takes about 2.5 solid years to make a quality film

Her 5 minute final short for RIT took i think 32 hours to render on RIT’s giant rendering ROOM

:eek:

I’ll have my first rendering up in a few mins. Looks decent :tup: :smiley:

cool deal. I did that in highschool, made a movie for a teacher’s internet support group or some crap. honestly the hardest part was making the text come in the way I wanted it… and I had a rotating camera, and a globe… all kinds of fun crap.

preliminary

I need to touch some edge up a little. I dont like how the NY looks… font needs to be thinner. Below the arrow needs some work too

once I get that all fixed up I’ll add some materials/shaders :slight_smile: :tup:

[left]24 is on… this is where I leave off for today
[/left]

:tup:

fucking breasts. slow spin ftw mang.

I have a wake after work today and a funeral tomorrow… I’ll try and get it done thursday if I have time

I says DAMN… shit took 4.5 hours to render… insane. Got time tonight to finish 'er up :slight_smile:

http://media.putfile.com/NYspeed_logo

let me know what you think

looking good. 3dSmax has been tough to pick up. Try Bryce, i’ve found it a bit easier.