Vet suggestions?

I finally gave in - no, not the pool, I’m standing my ground on that one. 9 week old Doxie Poo (dachshund poodle mix). Both girls really liked her and our younger daughter can handle her for walks and going outside to the bathroom.

I’m looking for vet recommendations around the Rostraver, Belle Vernon, Elizabeth, Jefferson areas - like within 15 miles of Rostraver.

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/IMG_0129b.JPG

congrats cute pup.

cute as fuck

Cute dog. I take my dog and cat to pleasant hills pet hospital. Its right behind bill green shopping center. Always take great care of my animals.

thats awesome

dr. hope on 136… across the west newton bridge on top of the hill before you get to 31… he’s like 10 minutes from us. real good guy.

I second Dr Hope. He has been taking care of my family’s animals for at least the last 25 years.

yup dr. hope in west newton. we live in greensburg but we take all our dogs to him. he has been taking care of our one dog since she was a puppy. the man is no BS and will tell you like it is.

Have you ever had to do any non-standard things, like other than routine visits? She doesn’t have any issues right now, but just thinking for the future.

congrats,Ours will be ready in 4 weeks(yellow lab)

you mean other than getting them fixed? my one weiner dog had a hernia that he had to do surgery for to release it, no problems whatsoever.

very cute dog, but since it is part dauschund be careful with them jumping, those backs wont take much abuse.

cool

Dr. Geary in Lemont Furnace (Uniontownish). Might be a little far, but he is worth the drive. I took all my animals there until we moved to Pittsburgh. We had a deathly sick cat (had to put him to sleep eventually) and Dr. Geary was very compassionate and he even reduced a lot of his fees since it would have cost a fortune for the treatment. It’s been a few years since I went there, but my mom and sister still use him. I would request to see him only though, not the other vets working there.

I’ve heard good things about Dr. Hope too.

Not to hijack, but if anyone has suggestions for a good vet around Penn Hills, let me know. I’m not happy with the one I last used.

amanda works there!!:69:

My now 2 year old boxer fell suddenly ill when he was just about 5 months old. He first got the runs and then kept throwing up some vile smelling yellow foam and he also stopped eating.

Took him to Hope right away. He tries a very conservative approach and thought he might have just had a stomach bug of sorts, but he gave me strict instructions to bring him back in 24 hours if he was not noticeably feeling better.

Luckily I did take him back. Hope opened him up from privates to sternum and found a very lengthy section of his bowel that was swollen and pink, but no blockages or anything. So he sent a sample out for biopsy and kept him for a few days. The biopsy showed he had a parvo like virus that caused the diarrhea. The dog would have most certainly died if we didn’t take him there when we did.

Who is Amanda? :confused:

The one girl thats works there!:duh:

:doh: Let me rephrase that. How do you know her? I don’t remember the names of anyone there aside from Dr. Geary and Dr. Brewer (I don’t think she works there anymore).

Vets of Foreign Wars
502 Oxford Ave, Elizabeth - (412) 751-7815

:slap: