VG30DET ----> turbo'd?

I was wondering how much a
VG30DET
would cost to get the twin turbo upgrade?!?!?!

any ideas, or other suggestions welcome

–ThE EdGe

Well, that describsion of the engine you just gave means that the motor is already turbo’d. i.e. VG30DET. The “T” stands for turbo.

Just clearing that up, cause I saw that in a different post as well.

Yeah what SRBURG13 is right.

Almost anything is possible with time and money but IMO if you wanted to twin turbo a VG30DET you’d be far better off just buying a second gen 300zx (Z32) VG30DETT engine, then you would trying to upgrade the VG30DET to a VG30DETT.

Jon’s got an infiniti w/ the VG30DE in it… I think he’s asking if he can upgrade to a turbo setup?

Why yes i was, thanks chris

I thought it was VG30DET and then the extra T meant the twin turbo in the Z32 since they didn’t come with single,
Silly newbie {aka me} :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks guys, but anyone knows how much it would cost…?!

–ThE EdGe

More than it’s probably worth IMO.

You could probably do the VG30DET setup from a later model year Z31 (I believe some of the later years came DET not just ET).

I think a VG30DETT clip is worth ~$5000?

84-89 Z31 came with VG30ET Single cam ,single turbo
90-96 Z32 came with VQ30DETT Dual cam, Twin Turbo
There was some Nissan car in japan that did come with a VQ30DET but i forget which.

All Z32’s either came with the VG30DE or VG30DETT from their first date of production in 1989 until they came out of production in recent years.

The 350Z I believe uses a VQ? I’m not up to date on that machine though.

The Z31 was only ever SOCH from my research there, so I was wrong w/ the VG30DET as there is just the VG30ET from Z31’s in North America.

VG30DET was availble in the Laurel I believe. I just looked it up and have forgotten already, oh well.

laurels came with a rb20, rb20de, rb20det, ca18i, rd28, or the rb25. to my knowledge it has never had the vg30det…the car i believe you must be talking about is the nissan leopard…

F31 Leopards:

VG20E
VG20ET
VG20DET
VG30DE
VG30DET

VG20 is that a four or a six? I would assume a tiny V6 butI dont know…

The VG20 is a V6 still. I’ve never heard of there being a V4 in any car.

Dido :wink:

Oh right V in the engine code means its a V design. I forgot about that, my bad.

very very small 6 :?

I was wondering how much a
VG30DET
would cost to get the twin turbo upgrade?!?!?!

any ideas, or other suggestions welcome

–ThE EdGe

Well, that describsion of the engine you just gave means that the motor is already turbo’d. i.e. VG30DET. The “T” stands for turbo.

Just clearing that up, cause I saw that in a different post as well.

Yeah what SRBURG13 is right.

Almost anything is possible with time and money but IMO if you wanted to twin turbo a VG30DET you’d be far better off just buying a second gen 300zx (Z32) VG30DETT engine, then you would trying to upgrade the VG30DET to a VG30DETT.

Jon’s got an infiniti w/ the VG30DE in it… I think he’s asking if he can upgrade to a turbo setup?

Why yes i was, thanks chris

I thought it was VG30DET and then the extra T meant the twin turbo in the Z32 since they didn’t come with single,
Silly newbie {aka me} :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks guys, but anyone knows how much it would cost…?!

–ThE EdGe