vibration with no load

the slaab has an odd vibration that can be felt in the steering wheel and stick, but it only happens when there is no load.

foot on gas = smooth
foot on brake = smooth
cruising = vibration

ball joints seem fine, as well as the outter tie rod ends. i do know that one of my sway bar end links is fuct, but i wouldnt think that would cause this issue.
tires have been ballanced. it does it with both sets of wheels i have… so i dont think thats the issue

my guess right now is worn cv joint. anyone have any other ideas?

“Have you been getting any front end vibration, especially when letting off the throttle after accelerating up to 50 + mph? The tripods inside do wear usually causing noise first and then unwanted vibrations. The companion flange and inner universal joint are expensive new. If you need to replace anything, eeuroparts sells a rebuilt halfshaft for $89.00 + $50.00 core charge. But you may also require other parts.”

a quote from saabcentral… guess this is a common issue

f u guys, i didnt want your help anyways

Glad we could help.

thats what i like about you

nothing
:slight_smile:

maybe the tires?

so, this is more like foreplay? or instead of cuddling?

did you read the post? remind me to slap you next time we are out to lunch

i just test drove a saab today, and it did the same thing. thanks for the tip lol

i can not read and i was giving you a reason to buy new ones… or trade them in. /Sarcasm

pm replied toooooo.

:stuck_out_tongue:

anytime. i read that if you catch it early sometimes you can just repack the joints. i dont think i will be so lucky.

3 year bumper to bumper warrenty FTW

i test drove a 2001, that hsnt been owned since late 03…might be lucky lol

heh…I had the SAME symptoms on my Alero a few months ago (when I still had my snows on). Turns out somebody tried jacking my rims (STEELIES!!!) and said “aww fuck it, just loosen the lugnuts.”

glad your problem is a relatively cheap fix.

thats how my car was. its 99 that was only on the road for 3 years (lease i assume).

yea, mine did that in the winter on the snow tires…but not any longer…so idkwtf it is…but its gone now!:stuck_out_tongue:

^^i saw it on ebay today and was like “WTF!?!?”

que?

did you sell your saab on ebay? i saw one in pennsylvania with a thule roofrack and thought it was yours