*VID* Elise VS. Corvette

http://www.filecabi.net/video/racingelisevsstreetcorvette.html

i have to drive nurburgring in my lifetime it looks like it would be surreal…yea and thats an exige vs. z06…not just an elise and vette:meh:

i was kidan hoping to see a lotus with some crazy engin swap smoke a corvette in a straight line race…but that was kinda cool i guess.

I think this was the first video I ever dl’ed…I absolutely love it…

haha…no top-end on that Lotus. The Vette disappeared! LOL

THat wasn’t even the C6 Z06, that was the old C5. Sweet vid

the handling on those paper light lotus is great, but in that straight the vette was really out there, good run.

Nice vid. Shows how damn fast a good street car is these days, though I assume it (the 'vette) had race tires?

OMG I wish I could drive on that course!

The Elise is made for community college parking lots not world class racing circuits that is why the Vette stomped on it.

Title says that this is a racing type Elise VS. road type 'Vette. So what is better for all around driving, D.D., Solo etc.?

177 hp Elise vs 400 hp (?) corvette…I’d hope that it would run away from the Lotus on a straight…

well which car is it exactly?..it’s an exige. is it an exige 240r though? if so then it has 243 hp which gives it one hell of a power to weight ratio. i’d rock either car personally so it doens’t matter to me really.

What is the top speed of the Elise?
It looked like it topped out pretty fast.
Even if it had 400hp it would still get smoked by the Vette at top end.
(Don’t get me wrong I like the Elise)

It’s not an Exige 240R. This video is old…prob. 5 years old. It’s an S1 car, the 240R did not come out in an S1 fashion. The 240R uses the Toyota poweplant. The S1 Lotus in the video uses a modified Rover K-series, and it’s relatively stock if I remember correctly.

They top out around 150, but that’s pushing it. Realistically, it’s prob. more around the low 140’s. The aerodynamics and downforce actually take away from the top end a bit.