Video capture card

I am looking for a video capture card to copy old tapes to my computer. I don’t want anything crazy. Any suggestions? I may also end up copying from my DVR too. Also, any suggestions on software would be helpful.

ATI makes a USB capture device. Might be cheaper or easier to use. Can’t remember what they called it though.

Hauppauge

just get a stand alone recorder…

there are a ton on newegg for under 25 bucks.

Pinnacle FTW

X3

Deffinitly go with a Hauppauge… great drivers, great picture and I’ve never used any software of that kind that didnt support them (pretty much the industry standard as far as capture cards go)… their not pricey either

I hear Ati isn’t bad, but seen alot of people bitching about driver issues and lack of software support… I have no personal experiance with them though so …

:tup: :tup: :tup:

hauppauge pvr-150. newegg has it for 65 shipped. works great, just get the drivers from their site, don’t bother with the bundled ones. I have been using it to record off my dish network dvr.

I have used several ATI all-in-wonder cards before but the drivers are kinda unstable. I was never real happy with how they worked.

like you know computers…:hitit:

Is an external USB unit going to work as well as an internal? I wont be doing any crazy stuff just once in a while stuff from my dvr but the rest from old tapes.

got one from newegg for liek 20$, it was a pci and it works perfectly. highly recommend the cheapest one you can find on newegg

as long as it uses a hardware decoder, it shouldnt matter… probably works just as good IMO

and +1 for the pvr-150