Video Card Purchase

I didn’t realize even the 6800GT video cards are well over $200. Eh, I may be waiting on this purchase.

fetter… you don’t want to get pwned by me @ COD or BF2… so you better keep the cheap card so you can have excuses like everyone else I have ever played.

buy a 9800 all in wonder, and just enjoy life. the rest of your system won’t keep up with a better card… no reason to have everything else be the bottleneck.

wait till you are a programmer and build a sweet PC.

LIke I said… it would be more strictly single player use anyways. I don’t have powerlink to play against anyone. Thanks for the input though.

300 watt psu? :ohnoes:

Cheapest I’d go is a plain 6800. (around 200).

They are just underclocked GT models anyway,a bios flash away from turning it into a GT model :slight_smile: .

See what newegg has in store today/tommorow.

thats what i got with a tocuh of OCing
i love it.
I can play FEAR, BF2 and HalfLife 2 on max :slight_smile:
and thats on max without the FPS being 2
then again my computer backs up the card very well

good call jon…

a good name brand 400W or a 450W would be much better

I was going to buy a better one once… but I dunno what would hook up right. I’d have to look into that. Cause I know there are wires that go up to the top of my case for the lights on top… your case probably has the same. Do those wire detach somewhere on the power supply? I’ve never really looked at mine that closely. I mean I could easily pick up some 450+ watt power supply unless they have to be specific to be with my motherboard.

Also…

Is this a good card?

ATI ALL-IN-WONDER 2006 Edition 256MB DDR AGP Graphics Card
Model: 100-714145wS(‘1’,‘15’)Watch and record live TV, edit home movies and play games like never before with this graphics card from ATI that unleashes the entertainment beast in your computer.

• Powered by the RADEON 9600 graphics processing unit (GPU)
  • 256MB DDR memory
  • AGP interface

Sorry for the double post but what do any of you think of this deal?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1697246&sku=P56-7808%20SLI%20KIT%201

I’m hoping thats a good dela but I have no idea. Especially since any of these video cards are expensive by themselves as it is.

don’t get the 9600…

9800 + only

fuck ATI get a real card like nvidia :slight_smile:

hahah

XBOX sukszors

get what you can afford w/ powersupply and it will be 100x better than what you have

I’m gunna probably get what I talked to you about… the Radeon X800XL along with a better power supply.

Alright… stood in line at COMPUSA last night… got the card… but hey guess what? My motherboard doesn’t support PCI Express. So took it back today and picked up the X700 Pro. It’s an AGP card and I know it will fit… lol. I’ll try and install the power supply (500W for $50 originally $100) and the vid card tonight… hopefully it will be up and running by the end of the weekend or sometime soon. I’ll post when it’s running.

WOOOO HOOOOOO!! Well I have successfully installed my brand new Radeon X700 Pro and my Antec 500W ATX 12V v2.0 power supply with SmartPower 2.0. I then proceeded to install Call of Duty 2.

Dang that’s alot of new stuff. But it well worth it. I played a training mission real quick in the game… it’s frickin’ sweet. I’ve never been able to play such a sweet PC game on my own computer.

Anyone else have this game on their PC? Gotta be one of the best games of today… along with BF2 I’m sure.

lol… welcome aboard. I can’t wait to pwn you bad.

BTW - crank up the res… and then work your way down… that card shouldn’t have any trouble running it relatively high

It’s about time that I came aboard with the high end vid card peeps…

I can’t wait to get “owned”… lol. I’ve never been great at these games but I’ll be practicing for sure. Now I have to work on getting some type of broadband back… lol.

I’ll play around with the res and what not Sunday night when I get to play again. Until then… I am very satisfied with what I got.

Also… I didn’t think that installing the new power supply would’ve been so frickin’ easy. I’ve never replaced one before.

EDIT I will probably put up a 350W Power Supply and a Radeon 64mb vid card if anyone is interested. Both work fine. I’ll make a real thread for it Sunday night… I won’t be able to check on a thread if I make one now.

we could always lan… i can teach you the ways of a junior GhostSquid

:word:

Congrats on the new purchases

I cant wait to upgrade my machine :tup:

Thanks… I’m excited to finally do it. :slight_smile:

Especially coming from a 64mb card. :lol: Damn what a difference.