VIDEO: KILLED: RX-7, Ford, and VW from a roll....OMG!!11!!!

http://media.putfile.com/SCCA-drivers-school-Nelson-Ledges-16-May-2006

Yeah, that’s supose to say 2005.

First part is coming out of the pit…

Anywho, a car I rented, 1984 VW Rabbit GT-I to do the school. Slow in the straights, fun as hell in the corners. I did ~1:27 laps (best was a 1:26.537 @ 83.2 MPH).

The back straight I had my foot planted in 4th the whole time. What’s redline MPH in 4th in a Rabbit?

Nothing too impressive, video never does it justice, but whatever. Gave me a shit eating grin.

Sorry that I could not get that oh so popular night vision function to work :stuck_out_tongue:

nice vid, gti seems to be set up nice

Good driving :tup:

Awsome

So how was the driving school? I want to go to one of those but they seem to cost way too much.

$70 SCCA memebership
$110 SCCA novice permit
$200 SCCA 2 day drivers school

The rental for the VW was $1000, that is actually a very reasonable price. I will probably rent out one of my cars when I have them sorted.

Not bad, <3 the SCCA

I know they have auto cross events around me often, never knew they offered a driving school, thats pretty cool i’ll have to look into that, something to do this summer :slight_smile: lol

Should look into a track day before school like that. There was nothing on driving technique, but more on race rules and driving in traffic.

guaranteedtogetmoreviewsbecuaseofthetitlechangestreetracingfags

:lol:

HAWWWWT!!! (To go along with the change in title) :wink:

title worked for me but i thought it was another vid.

sweet vid man. it was prolly staed somewhere and i just dont pay attention but where was it at?

Nelson Ledges, Ohio

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/OH/images/nelson2.gif

that looks like a prety fast track i bet it was a blast.

I DONT like 4-6, but I LOVE 9-12

I don’t know what to say to this, especially coming from a Civic owner. If you had a domestic I would understand.

No mater, the video proves that (those) faster cars in the back straight were slower overall.

AND 4 - 6 is where I did most the passing.

4+6 7+9 My favorite part of the track right there
Have to watch the videos again now that I see the track layout but I think that back straight away looks pretty high speed

7 - 9, is actually boring.

2 - 6:

My favorite for the course has to be coming down the front straight at the top of fourth, a quick lift to settle the car then dive through 2.( The owner said it can be done flat out and I tried it once, but didn’t have the balls to do it again. ) And then blast through 3 and use up all the track on the far left, brake hard get into third gear and hard into 4-5-6.

You can see that my line was really screwed up on the second lap in 3 as I had a car on the left of me. On the third lap I couldn’t take 3 like I wanted because I was closing in fast on the red VW. But when done right you end up in the nasty looking asphualt on the left.

4-6 = Where Bambi and friends try to commit suicide.

Oh shit, human on motorcycle, 100 points!

They were doing some logging/brush clearing in that area on Friday of the event. I do not know what it looks like now. But there are some very rural sections of the course.

very fuffin kick ass vid man.:tup::tup: