[Video] ohshitohshitohshitohshit

[ame=“http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=59a_1369207660”]LiveLeak.com - Bike reaches 145mph then violently speed wobbles.[/ame]

HOLY FUCK, 5 seconds worth of ninja arm moves

the guy who made this video is a member of the R6- forum or was.

holy shit

no fucks would be given if he went down… 140 on a SHITTY ass back country road is fuckinnnnggggg dduuuuummmmb!

Money is on he went right out and bought a new pair of undies and a steering stabilizer.

EDIT. My brothers gf works at Albany med… a few days ago she helped pin a 25 year old kid down as they scrubbed rubble out of his body, heal to head on his back. Helmet came off and it scalped him, broke his femor and arm to the extent of bone shooting out the skin to boot. 130mph went down on a straight away… left skin on the ground for 200 feet. I am sure that kid would NEG THE SHIT out of that dude in the video now!

scary
i hit 157 on my last bike, no desire to ever attempt that again. didn’t get any wobble but that’s one thing you only need to do once

:dunno

Where did that happened?

what happened

lol I remember this thread on the R6 forum.

If I recall correctly, he said whenever he went that fast, his bike would go into a huge tankslapper and was asking what could cause it. I believe the video was specifically made to show it, though I may be mixing 2 threads up.

Basically, he claimed he was not tight on the bars, it wasn’t the road surface, and it’d happen every time he’d get up to that speed.

Chazz, correct me if I’m thinking of a different thread.

in that case, hes fucking nuts and needs help

Pretty sure he never came back to the R6 forum after his thread failed. :lol

I think he posted about the tank slapper and asked if a damper would stop it from happening again. Then he got his balls chewed off to the tune of hey jude.:lol

schenectady I think she said. ill ask next time i talk to her and maybe i can find a news posting or something

Does the R6 come stock with a stabilizer?

Even if it did, a stabilizer won’t completely prevent headshake. The CBR’s electronic stabilizer is suppose to be really good, but I had a nasty tankslapper on the CBR a few years ago on a really chewed up curvy road. It happened on corner exit while I was hard on the gas, and I guess the front tire hit a piece of uneven pavement and sent the bike into a wobble for about 5 seconds. Such a scary feeling, I nearly went off the road. But if they ever decide to pave that road it’ll be amazing :excited

Down-throttle, shove both arms forward and lean back… So fucking scary. The only situation on a bike the throttle doesn’t get you safe. Also he should not be rippin on a whoopy ass old road like that. The front is bound to lose weight on heavy throttle.

Well, you want to open the throttle in a tank slapper to lessen the weight on the front end. Getting off the throttle would only put more weight on the front causing a potentially bigger issue.

I believe it was last year in a MotoGP practice when one of the CRT bikes went into a hard tank slapper and he (probably accidentally) wheelied it but when the bike came back down it fixed itself

wtf causes this? the front and wheel tracks go slightly out of line and it just oscillates?

Depends on if the tank slapper is acceleration induced or deceleration induced. Without rider input, the bike will ride the slapper out, usually bikes crash because the rider try to hang on…

A lot of things can cause a tank slapper

Setting a wheelie down with the tire not straight, Tight on the bars, a bad road, bad tire

Basically, a tank slapper is the front tire “looking” for traction. (I guess traction is the word).

In Twist of the Wrist II, you can see immense tire deformation from the front tire coming down on a wheelie, and it tries to fix itself.

I had a pretty unpleasant headshake on the jacked up section of Washington ave. during hard accel earlier this year. Unpleasant to say the least.
What I’m wondering is why sportbikes with USDs and generally harder suspension seem to be more prone to this?