Video section consideration.

Been throwing the idea around my head for a week or so and figured why not ask the people it would effect most, you guys. :ponder

Thinking of adding another section in the list. It would be independent of others and above Offbeat. It would be solely for video content of all sorts.

Since the uber fail of the Youtube video thread in Offbeat, and General Auto Video thread in the respectable section, this could be a way for you guys to come down and kill some time and enjoy the videos that all the internet lurkers always seem to stumble upon.

A person could post a video, a brief description and a rating (among with NWS title if appropriate) to enjoy the always hilarious comments from the rest of the crew.

If voted on, I would move all the videos posted from before into that section, the motorcycle BikeChannel threads as well and the dedicated video threads from other places.

The only other consideration at the moment, is making it a general Multi-media section for photos and video, where all the general photo threads and video can co-exist (LOL Cats, motivation, badass auto, epic fail, hilarious picture and so on).

:motherland

I say videos and onyl videos

yeah it’d be pretty cool…everyone can share some sweet videos

I’m the “No, we have enough sections” vote. More sections doesnt mean more content and if it’s spread out over more sections, it just makes the forum look less busy and people become less interested. Just my $.02.

:open_mouth:

Completely fair, which is exactly why it was one of the options. The bright side, the Video/Photo sections are usually the busiest section besides the main section that the forum is aimed at (Auto/Moto in this case) and Offtopic. So I’m sure it will stay busy.

As one of the benefits the threads will stay more active, because everybody who goes there will go just to see the videos, and get lost less often simply because random Offtopic posts won’t interfere.

Everybody loves Video/Photo threads, and it’s a shame when they start getting lost from other topics, so in my opinion with enough demand they can easily have a successful section of their own.

So that’s what I’m here to find out, more voting would help ;D

Put a video section vlad because the state at which the forum activity is at right now, is active enough to where all topics can be replied too and then still users are lurking around looking for something else to read or watch or do…

If the forum was semi dead or just starting out I would say fuck that, bad move, but right now its fine IMO, i had some experience with forums before I think its a good move

:+1 :thumb

I agree entirely, it’s counter productive when a forum is busy to the point that new threads get lost because of actual traffic/post volume.

By the looks of it, it’s going to be implemented soon, I’ll just wait to hear some more opinions and decide whether to make it just Video or Video and Picture combined.

video ftw

Anymore comments before we go through with it?

Dooooooo Ittttt!

Sounds like a great idea to me! I’ve got a few I could post up.

I think I separate pics and separate video section would be cool too… that way, if you just want to see either or… then you’re set!

Plus it’ll keep the clutter out of the main forum sections.

:+1 video section is a must

well its easier to post(spam) with a shit load of pics, so I think its better that if you want to see video, you can just see that

Werd. If we have to make another section, just make it purely for videos. No pictures. My original vote was to a multimedia section. I think if there’s a video section, it should be only off topic videos, not automotive related.
The problem I see is that a lot of people would be like “hmm, well this video is automotive related, so lets post it there!”
If there’s no section, all topics that include a video should say so in the subject of the thread. Sort of like “Throwing a hotdog down a hallway NWS VIDEO

why not have a video section w/ different topics in it?

Auto-related

Funny (NWS)

DIY/Howto

Random

whatever… i duno what to divide the sections into, but you get the point. Whatever fits

That’s what i was thinking, it’d be a great way to divide them up so we don’t have a clusterfuck in the video section.

Since we’re on the subject of a DIY section, why not add a subforum in the technical section for DIY projects/writeups. We could have everything ranging from spark plug replacement to rotor install to audio and other miscellaneous writeups.