Vids: In Car Lap at Dunville in Project Voltron and MORE

This is from today’s NYSpeed.com track day.

I faded the brakes after the first lap and this car accelerates a lot better than it brakes in the rain so try not the laugh at how long it takes me to barely slow the thing down in some corners. You’re more than welcome to laugh at my shoddy driving though. :slight_smile:

And some bonus clips…

Quick pass… 1.6MB

Oops… Yes it’s that easy to loop this thing. < 1 MB

Oversteer in a Subaru? I am confused. :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like a riot. Or a handful…bet it’d be a lot crazier with better brakes though.

fixed the first link…sorry

Yea it seems to throttle on oversteer a bit more than I’d like at the moment, but I’m sure we’ll get it worked out. It was a great first test for me and the car.

Dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyym!

woah…that thing is fast

Can’t believed you picked on an N/A 350Z:nono:

nice

mike your crazy. voltron is tittttttttttties.

you post any of this on NASIOC yet? im sure A LOT of people would poo der pantelones.

[quote=“Z PHAT Z,post:6,topic:35393"”]

Can’t believed you picked on an N/A 350Z:nono:

[/quote]

MPD47 was out showboating in my car, he deserved it :wink:

Man that thing moves Mike. Voltron Force, REPRESENT!

[quote=“dmoffitt,post:9,topic:35393"”]

MPD47 was out showboating in my car, he deserved it :wink:

[/quote]

Seems like he did a lot of showboating. I want to see the Bimmer Wagon Bus sliding sideways with multiple passengers. I hope someone got that on camera :slight_smile:

How does the N/A configuration compare to the old turbo setup for the 350Z? I’m guessing throttle response is a bit more precise, but do you think you are able to run faster lap times with the N/A or turbo?

Where is the “other” spin? Or, should I call it the 200ft. sideways powerslide through the mud?:rofl:

Voltron is just scary…awesome scary.

I’m curious about that too Dave. How do you like the NA setup on the track?

Jager unfortunately I had my camera being powered by a DC to AC converter and when I spun the first time I stalled it and the power shut off immediately. I didn’t realize it til after the second off. It’s a shame because I got good distance on the second one LOL. I was off the gas as soon as I hit the grass, but I lost it at the top of 3rd gear (going straight…ugh) so it took a ways to slow down.

That thing is incredible…

[quote=“Rx3,post:10,topic:35393"”]

Seems like he did a lot of showboating. I want to see the Bimmer Wagon Bus sliding sideways with multiple passengers. I hope someone got that on camera :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Josh did, hopefully we’ll get a short preview :slight_smile: I was by NO MEANS out there to do any grip this past friday.

Enough thread jacking!

Voltron rules.

X…

P.S. you need a rubbermaid laptop case. :lol:

Hah. What I needed was time to tune the car before I got there so I didn’t have to lap with my laptop in the car making adjustments, but that’s the breaks.

I can’t wait to see some video from outside the car hint hint Onyx :slight_smile:

I put the main vid on youtube for the quicktime haters. Link in the first post…