Engine break in tune goes 11.4

I drove our project Voltron to NYIRP last night to run a couple times for fun and help the rings seat. Plus I haven’t drag raced in years or ever launched this car so I need the practice. It reminded me just how big a difference driving makes in your ET AND trap speed. I literally touched nothing with the tune or mechanically on the car the whole night and the difference in times and speeds was huge.

I’ve been driving a super conservative tune at only 22 psi so I didn’t even check my logs or touch the tune at the track. I just ran it the way I drove it there.

First pass I rolled it out easy and went through the gears slowly to get a feel for it.
12.64 at 116.4

Second pass I tried to launch it gently and bogged (2.13 60’) then banged limiter in 1st and 2nd gears since this thing eats those gears like they’re not even there.
12.35 at 118.5

Third pass I got a decent launch and didn’t hit the limiter on any shifts, but I’m still missing shift points and not flat shifting like I usually do. Also I go slow into 5th because it’s still an awkward shift for me. I’ll have to get used to it like all the other 6 speed guys.
11.4 at 121.1 (quarter) 7.3 at 97.3 (eighth)
As you can see the back 1/8th isn’t great. I think it’s mainly due to the lack of AVCS control. My mid range power would be considerably better with it and when I go into 5th the car doesn’t pull as well until it gets up top. It’s also no doubt partially because we’re not running an intercooler at this time.

I’m positive I could have knocked at least a few more tenths off just shifting better if I tried again, but I had my fun and this is just for break in. I drove it back to the shop the way it came.

I especially enjoyed everyone looking all over the car totally baffled, trying to find an intercooler. :slight_smile:

Nice work, Mike! Congrats!

awesome

fuck yeah

Nice :tup:

nice, keep to the straight line place, i will EAT you on the curves!.. if it is done.

way to go Mikey

that fucking rocks

thats one cool ass car

wtf thats awesome.

but i wont believe it till i see the slips or a vid. jk.

again, wtf.

badass!

awesome sauce

http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2/gallery/d/11800-4/Voltron1.jpg

SIQQQQQQ. Next time I’ll come and we’ll shoot some video/pics.

:tup: things are going pretty much as planned so far, or dare i say even better haha

Mike that would be sweet. I’ll let you know when we’re going to take it out on “real” boost. :slight_smile:

Very nice gentleman.

Though I think you need a voltron sticker on the car

Tens are just round the corner

i still have this IC here…i wont be able to weld it till later this week. i am sorry mike i just have to get this one job out of my shop before i can start it. let me know if this is ok

lol. now lets go do some highway pulls. :lol:

I cannot wait to see the future of this car! Congrats!

No worries. We got sponsored for a front mount kit yesterday which I’ll have some time next week. Thanks for your help!

E85 is too much of a PITA for me to get right now so I’m not taking it out randomly until I get a better source for it, or decide to stick to gas because it’s easily available.

lol. I was kidding, I would get wasted.:biglol: