Vids: Winged Warrior AutoX - 1st test of our new car

Thanks so much to Somedude for getting me this video. This is our new shop car which we built from stock the couple days before the event. We didn’t get to finish in time so you can see the exhaust pops out of the rear hangers during the run etc. but you get the idea. My seat time in this car had consisted of quickly street tuning it on the way to the stadium and my time on course so I have to get used to the car. I locked a wheel or two up coming into a bunch of corners, but I’m not used to the acceleration yet. If you have sound where you’re listening you can tell where I actually had room to open the car up from the WG dump.

UPS screwed up delivering my wheel spacers so I had to run 205 wide Azenis and as you can see on the finish straight this car smokes all 4 tires like crazy through 2nd and 3rd gear. Not great for my time, but it makes for a cool video.

20 MB Mpeg 4. You should be able to double it with decent quality.
WATCH WITH SOUND. :slight_smile:
RIGHT CLICK >>>>>>>> SAVE AS:

LOL at “He’s smoking the tires” 1 minute in.

EDIT: I just compressed the in car video. “Somedude” took video of one run from outside which happened to be a decent run. The in car run he taped happened to be a mess, but I’ll host it anyway. :slight_smile:

You can really hear how bad it spins coming out of the first slalom and onto the finish straight.

-Mike

I was wondering when this would pop up. Seeing that the people who went with the sole purpose of taking video and pictures didn’t seem to post anything of any NYSpeeder’s cars.

Did Alex give you the vid of the in-car view too?

lol at “he’s smoking the tires…”

Yea he dropped the raw footage off on CD last night and I compressed it this morning. He took video of that run from the sidelines and he put his camera on my roll bar mount for a different run. The in car run I screwed up a number of turns, but I may compress it and host it anyways.

Great! Now bring it Sunday to ECCN!

Sweet, looks like fun.

x…

N “ICE”, any specs on work completed?

We haven’t had time to touch it since that day. We have to finish the cage, mount all sorts of things that we didn’t have time to, do some wiring, put a new driveline package in with an STi engine and tranny etc. The 15 year old all original legacy engine did us proud, but it’s time for something better.

I plan to have it done for the first NY Speed track day.

[quote=“Anonymity,post:7,topic:30169"”]

N “ICE”, any specs on work completed?

[/quote]

It was a conglomeration of what we had lying around the shop. :slight_smile: Here are some of the basics.

96 Impreza Coupe. Was bone stock (1.8L non turbo) except for some crappy seat covers and a decent aftermarket CD player.

We removed the driveline, suspension, crossmembers, interior, etc.

Installed:
92-93 Legacy sport sedan original stock longblock and front crossmember with rotated turbo setup, tial wastegate and BOV
Autronic SM4 standalone and Coolingmist progressive meth controller
no intercooler
GC8 rear subframe
92-93 legacy sport sedan brakes front and rear
stock sti rear sway with KB endlinks and legacy SS mounts.
DMS 50mm wrx rally coilovers from the rally car
4 point cage for this, but we’re adding the rest of the points soon.
WRX transmission with cryo treated v5 sti type RA gearset and WRX rear end
etc.

mike thats sick. i cant wait to see what you do with more time/hours into the project.

looked like a fun/fast course, sounded great too.

–soloIIscoob
(chris on dave’s username)

p.s. driving wasnt bad either:headbang:

I just compressed the in car video. “Somedude” took video of one run from outside which was a decent run. The in car run he taped happened to be a mess, but I’ll host it anyway.

You can really hear how bad it spins coming out of the first slalom and onto the finish straight.

wow never seen an autoX car accelerate like that B4.

great looking car mike

:tup:

About time something from Winged Warriors popped up, it disappeared from here faster than a buffet with a bunch of fatties.

lol at the end of the first vid about the rock +eye :wiggle: oh wait nobody knows about that :slight_smile:

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:2,topic:30169"”]

I was wondering when this would pop up. Seeing that the people who went with the sole purpose of taking video and pictures didn’t seem to post anything of any NYSpeeder’s cars.

[/quote]

see justin WW3 never actually happened this mysterious video is a figment of your imagination.