volvo s70

Ordered a roof spoiler for the Volvo

nice rear visor car looks good man i see you all the time

Thanks! Where do u see me haha? Honk and wave next time

Photoshopped the new wheels on the car and got a set of hancook v12’s

Car was at crc a week ago and had a roof spoiler installed thanks to everyone at CRC for taking a shitty mold and making it look awesome! Paint turned out like glass!

I like the 5spoke wheels better

They are going on next spring that was just a photoshop

Got some slicks

Updates

nice. looks good man!

so youre going to road race/ auto cross this car, as well as try to drag race with it? i hope you dont plan on using those tires to drag race. thats not a good idea at all.

yes primaraly i will be autoxing and doing track days with it come spring time, i was going to go to the track to drag with the tires why do you not think its a good idea?

they dont heat up as fast as a drag slick, and the sidewall is very very stiff. its a recipe for broken driveline parts.

Oh gOod to know! I’ll have to get some drag radial or drag slicks too thanks for the info!

Well so come to find out large amounts of tire spin and boost with a 270k stock engine isn’t the best mix… I spun a bearing in the engine so I’m tearing apart the bigger extra engine I have sitting next to my tool box here are some pics

I was just going to reseal the oil pan and throw some new cam seals t belt water pump all the basics but decided last minute I’m gonna throw a set of forged rods in the bottom end and fresh bearings so I don’t have to worry about running too much boost and beaning another rod like I did on my first Volvo

You seem like you know Volvos pretty well do you know where to find a MANUAL 240 turbo sedan??

Finding manual turbo 2/7/900 series volvos is a pain. Could totally find a turbo one in the junkyard and swap the parts over to an NA manual. But as far as I know the manual trans for the redblock likes to explode at around 300whp.

Finding this out pushed that project a lot further to the back burner. If its going to need a trans swap to survive what I’d like to do with it, I might as well start with a 960 (which has an auto that’s supposedly pretty durable).

I have a line on a 83 240 turbo 5 speed sedan sir

Not to mention that it has 78k miles on it too :slight_smile: the thing that really grenades on the older Volvos is the turbos because they are only oil. Cooled

What project are you working on?