VR Turbs Billet engine mounts

Figured I go ahead and post pics of these since there is no NDA attached to them because they’re for a member here and not one of my typical customers. Prototypes for now, these are solid 6061T6 aluminum machined for test fitment purposes at the moment and built to take any abuse you could possibly throw at them.

They lift the motor a specified amount and rotate it forward a specified amount, exact numbers I won’t say but the benefit of doing so is to bring the halfshafts back into proper alignment on a very lowered car. The production batch will follow suit, but will not include the lay angle unless specifically ordered as such by the customer. I will likely CNC these in batches of 10 pairs.

I have NOT posted this anywhere except here, and I would prefer it stay that way until I release them to the public(please do not cross link to other sites).

Etched logo will also be bigger. I had templates cut but spec’ed a now too-small dimension as I had no idea where I was going to place it.

Discuss, comment, enjoy, drool, whatever. Just a little taste of my machining capabilities, and these were simple. Quarter in picture for size reference.

What are you doing about the dogbone mount?

adam ill take a set for my TDI, i really want to feel the rumble.

but man, i want some type of plate to lift the engine. id rather go local if i could. i dont want to send money to XX company in where-eversville

the TDI is going to be low and ive got some crazy angles

dont worry about that peter… its taken care of

ahh… i love billet aluminum

Hahahahahahaha whatever

yo brett i’ve had a set of the spacers on order for over 6 months now from performance cafe… yea i know never order from them i learned my lesson. but if they ever come in i’ll letcha know

it was a joke pete and its almost identical to the yarrowsport mount thats no longer made. but with bigger joints.

Adjustable dogbone is in order for these, I just have to spec it out based off these mounts once I get them in the car and the drivetrain positioned.

And Bret, we can talk about a TDi set.

Word what I’m asking is how are you lifting the motor with the dogbone? Since it’s going to be higher? Just a spacer between where it bolts to the trans case?

mounting the bottom joint higher and with dual joints you can adjust the leingth.

yeah they SUCK

Word. no so much solid, but up is good. with the corvette wheels on and the car lowered i cant accelerate in a turn at all the CVs go into bind mode! :frowning:

No, it’s going to be completely redesigned with compensated offsets and angles built/machined into it to work with these mounts. No spacers as spacers = movement.

Ooo alright, look forward to the pics of the dogbone

Yeah it was impossible for me to calculate the exact position of the drivetrain with these mounts, so it’s a two step process at the moment. Jim is going to test fit these into his car to check clearances and fit and I will correct anything if necessary. Once in, I’ll then design the DB and get that fabbed up for him.

sawsall will be used to make turbz clear raintray… :lol

Well I’m not one for making any mount other than solid but if a shim or spacer is in order for you, I can machine a pair of them with centering dowels and machine the bottom of your exiting mounts to accept the dowel pins. I’m not keen on just slipping a shim under a mount without some kind of locking pin/dowel arrangement as there’s too much chance for slippage and bolt shear without them. The mount-to-chassis bolts on the Gti are only 10x1.50mm in size and i imagine they’re the same for the 1.8’s and Tdi’s.

Not difficult at all to do, just need to know how high and need your mounts. I can get the billet.

you people and you’re grassroots fab skillzs…:haha:hug

And by people I mean you dubdub folks

o and adam no pins needed i’ll show ya the bottoms of the stockers again the same on 1.9 and 1.8 and 2.0 and def easy to make spacers for