VR Turbs Billet engine mounts

Thank you much guys for the comments.

Wow, those are sick.

I finally got a computer and checked out the thread. Saw them in person and they are schweet. Get dem done soon, we have a pipe dream adapter plate to do soon.

Well we did a test fit this afternoon in his car. Driver side fit like a glove no issues, machine specs were well withing .01" on all bolt spacing parameters which isn’t bad for eye’ing up the specs on the OEM mounts.

The passenger side was a bit tight, and was expected to be such because I made these substantially larger all around. They dwarf the stock mounts on all aspects. The two major clearance issues that were not even thought of were the serpentine tensioner on the head, and Jim’s 4" turbo intake tube. Neither are any issue as I can just clearance the mounts very easily and the clearance required is actually small. I actually didn’t have the car at the time I designed these, he just stopped in the machine shop one day with the OE mounts for me to visualize in ~20 minutes.

Gonearsightedness! :number1

This was all expected and planned for in retrospect because it’s far easier to under machine and then be able to take more material off in subsequent machinings, than it is to start over because too much was machined off initially. I had factored in ~+.2" in some critical areas due to the fact that I didn’t have the mounts and again didn’t want to fall short on material in those areas If it was needed. Turns out it’s not. I had planned some more machining anyway to clean them up further, and some of that is actually the required machining anyway. Plus I wanted to drill and tap some holes for intake and charge piping mounts now too, so it all works out.

Also going to have much bigger logos on them now.

We should have these in the car in permanent fashion, with a new dogbone, sometime next week if not sooner :slight_smile:

Will say with even just the billet tranny mount in place with the OEM engine mount and NO dogbone, the engine didn’t move a smidge with reving. Halfshaft angle specs couldn’t be more perfect now too, axles are perfectly level at his specified drag height so I’m hoping that this solves the shearing of the poor CV cups.

:slight_smile: yup

How was the sloppy-drivetrain ride home thug? Heard that DP slapping the crossmember/rack the whole time you were backing out of the driveway. :rofl

FML I’ve never seen and engine move some much as yours today.

Omg it’s sooooo fucking bad…

LOL nice work man, can’t wait to see em in the car!!

you drove it home on my old ass mounts?! ROFL

Motors shakin more than …(insert generic racial ceackhead comment)