Walleye Fishing on Lake Erie?

I think I’m going Walleye fishing tomorrow night.

What are some good spots? Keep in mind I’ll be launching at South End.

I heard people are having luck Rappalas

Canadian side of the lake by port colberne has always given my dad good luck. long ride though.

The water temperature… According to my grandfather who has been fishing lake erie for god knows how long… they migrate with the temperature of the lake. The later in the summer the closer they are to the center…

So you might only have to go out 3 or 4 miles to get to where the large amount of them are… A fish finder will help A TON

^^^ truth

As the water gets warmer, walleye will be moving farther out to seek cooler temps in the lower parts.

Bit off topic, My dad said Southtowns Walleye Ass. Annual contest is down crazy amounts of members this year. Theyve got a third of the members theyve had previous

^ probably due to the price of gas. going out fishing costs a lot more than laste year.

I’ll see what comes up on the fish finder tommorrow.

if you go on the canadian side you might want to have a canadian fishing license… not that I’ve been out there in a long time… but if they do check…

my uncle goes walleye fishing all the time. During the summer you need to go walleye fishing with down riggers out by dunkirk using down riggers. you might have some luck going 3-4 miles out and trolling with some work harnesses

yeah down riggers are going to be the best bet for northern pike yo!

yes but isn’t that exactly that exciting lol.

yeah, ive been fishin the so town walleye derby all week, and it seems that the night bite is still strong, Down riggers are the way to go and some dipsys. im not goin to metion colors and whatnot because the tourney is still goin on another day but they seem to prefer certain colors. I will say that 90% of what we got has been between 30 to 50 ft,. Good luck.
Also there are 2 kinds of canadian lic’s- a conservation one, and a full lic. the conservation is cheaper then the normal one , im not sure on all the specifics
And yeah there arent alot of people fishing the derby, id definately point the finger at gas.

The water closer to shore is still fairly cold, so using #11 and #13 floating Raps has been working. 8pm-midnight has been the magic time in the Hamburg area.

They’re still accessible from shore if you have chest waders, but I don’t expect that to last much more than another week.