Wanna Help Boost a Price on eBay?

I’m not sure how legal this is (or how well it abides by eBay rules), but my boss is selling a van, and wants to boost the bids closer to his reserve. Obviously if you don’t bid past the reserve, you’ll never be obligated to pay anything.

Link

Reserve is $37,203.00

I think its dirty. If you want to get $$$ but have to reach a reserve, sell it on the street. Otherwise if the people bidding on the van think it is worth the money, they will bid that much. Why pay more than you have to?

I agree it’s a bit dirty… but it technically makes no difference.

getting it closer to reserve… eh, i dont have a problem with that, it’s not like people who bid to that point are getting cheated out of anything… having your friends outbid people past the reserve is shitty as fuck.

Have you bid on it?

Yes he did.

tell your boss to get his own fucking online community to do that stupid shit :tdown:

So why not just bid like 1000 below the reserve then? I mean you can put in the amount you are willing to spend.

I did, but it will (naturally) only bump it up to the next increment, until someone outbids me.

It doesn’t matter. What my boss SHOULD have done was just start the bidding at his reserve and he’d soon realize that no one will pay $2000 less than sticker for a “used” vehicle. Sure, he only put 1000 miles on it, but it’s off the lot, so it’s used (at least in most people’s opinion, not his).

We’re putting it back on eBay next week, with a BuyItNow price that he’s willing to actually accept.

Like I said before, I don’t know whether it goes against eBay rules to have people raise the current bid, so if you feel it’s shady, I don’t disagree at all. Just trying to help the guy who signs my pay check, you know?