Want to Hire Helpdesk guy/girl

The following is a listing from monster to fill my current job since i will be taking on other responsibilities within the company. I will have a little say on who we hire so if you impress me i will go to bat for you with the people who will make the final say. I know alot of people here are doing helpdesk work but this is not typical call center stuff. You will be one of 8 IT people (4 useless bookworm programmers and software developers and 4 guys that do hardware and maintain the network) for a company that owns nursing homes throughout the area. Don’t worry you will not have to touch old people or look at poop. You will get leave your desk and you will not be tied down to a phone. We are not talking huge money here but it is a good stepping stone and it will look better on a resume’ then telling people that you worked in a call center. Probably looking at 26-28k salary. The director of the department is very easy going and the CEO rarely gets involved in out business which is a great thing if you have worked in an IT department before. You will have to have reliable transportation since you will have to leave the office some times several times a week.

If you have any questions PM me and i will try to get back to you later tonight. The posting from monster is below. If you feel like you would be a good fit please send me your resume. rjoyce@mcguiregroup.com

======================================================

This individual will lead day to day operations of the Information Technology Help Desk for a healthcare company in Buffalo, NY.

Requirements:
• Associate degree in a related field preferred
• 1-3 years Help Desk experience a plus
• Desktop support of Windows 2000 and Windows XP
• Technical support of Office 2000 and Office XP
• Windows 2003 Administration
• A+, or other industry certifications a plus
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills a must
• Excellent team building skills

Responsibilities:
• Track, log and follow up on all Help Desk calls
• Prioritize Help Desk calls and assign to best resources
• Track system wide problems and communicate status
• Manage internal and external technical resources to facilitate repairs
• PC Hardware setup, installation and troubleshooting
• Development of Help Desk Process improvements
• Set up AV equipment for presentations
• Opportunities for IT project management
• Some local travel required
• On call rotation with the IT Department

Can I just apply for your job?

emailed

sure you can have my old job that i posted you selfish fucker. You would be a great fit for the department though.

Can you triple the salary I will move back…

:word: if I could make 75% of what I make now I would be back in Buffalo in less than a week.

this is a help desk job… good luck with that kind of money for what im asking.

BUMP! One interviewee went really well today. We would like more applicants to make sure we have the right person for the job.

I did helpdesk for a year and have no idea how I made it that long without slitting my wrists.

apples to oranges. This is not a typical helpdesk job, the person will be out in the field often and will work closely with all the other administrators. This is Howie’s old job and he can tell you that it is not nearly as bad as working in a call center.

i did email you a resume. if you have not yet looked it over please do. i am still looking for a job and with a baby on the way i can’t really go too much longer. :slight_smile:

ok i will resend that to my boss. I dont have much of a say in who he calls back but he is asking for salary history and expectations. If you ccan be happy with 28 to start then you will enjoy the job, it will only go up and it is not a hard job at all.

i would be more than happy to take 28 for right now. i’m making $0 right now so this is just 28K more than i’m making now.

thank you for resending i really appreciate it

<cringe>

Hahah, stupid Carl.

Well if that’s the case I’m sure it won’t be that bad as I’m out in the field now and it’s 100x better. Helpdesk work isn’t all that bad if you can get off the phones for a while…I wasn’t able to do that and 8 hours a day on the phone is torture after a few months of it.

Yeah this job is more about hands on then the phones… Maybe 12 calls a day on average. I worked for adelphia in the call center for 5 years i know exactly what that kind of job can do to you. My girlfriend was afraid to talk to me when she got home every day.

help desk jobs sometimes are full of abuse but if you pick up stuff quick, they really boost you in a company. i know a large number of system admins/network engineers in huge companies that started as help desk techs.

Thats where i started and now im moving up to systems admin. Howie was doing this job and now look where he is. Its a really great place to learn.

They let you guys tinker with AD at all?