WTH: IT Helpdesk Support

I know there is a lot of nerds on here, checking to see if any want a job.

Position is full time (8 or 9-5), range will be $10-12/hr depending on experience with full benefits, overtime, sick, personal and holiday pay.

No degree required, no certs required, but experience is a must. We don’t have time to do much training for desktop and basic server support. The position is definitely a “foot-in-the-door” position that can lead to promotions and salary increases if you perform. I started at helpdesk part-time and have moved significantly since so have two other employees working in our department (out of 3 people not bad…). The company is NanoDynamics Inc., located in South Buffalo off of Fuhrmann Blvd. The company grows rapidly which is the main reason that promotions are constantly happening, we typically double our capcity every year. We are a nanotech company that specializes in solid oxide fuel cell development, nanomaterials manufacturing, and other nanoenabled-product applications. We take everything seriously here so this is not a helpdesk job that you will be sitting around chatting on AIM all day… need to be on time, and have a self starting work ethic. If you want an opportunity to learn about network administration and you have a desire to be in the field this is the job for you.

On-to the job details:
We run a multisite environment utilizing VPN’s and some point to point T1 networks. Everything is running on Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003 and SQL 2005. You should be completely fluent in Windows XP desktop support, network troubleshooting, printers etc. as this will be the primary focus of the job. You will however assist with network administration tasks with our current network admin which of course will be on the job training. You should at least be familiar with Active Directory and how it works (setting up user accounts, group policies etc.). We also run an IP phone network that is expanded out to remote sites, its preferable if you are familiar with VOIP, but not required… it is a simple system to train. Also if you are decent at web programming that would be a huge plus, we’d like to offload some of that work that is currently being outsourced.

If you are interested please email resumes to me at [email=“jvtoomey@nanodynamics.com”]jvtoomey@nanodynamics.com

this position is looking to be filled ASAP

ah interesting.

Is it internal support, or is it accepting phone calls from all over the country?

Thanks.

I’m pretty sure it’s more internal support.

You bring that pay up to $25 an hour and I’ll apply :stuck_out_tongue:

I of course am a bit more than your helpdesk guy tho…

Sounds internal to me as well. Sounds like a good company and a hell of alot better than working for a large corporation callcenter I find it best to not work with STi drivers. They are lame.

well shit, i drive an STi, but if it gets some of this workload off of me I will drive a fucking ford.

in response to questions, yes it is internal support, we are not a call center. We have multiple remote offices that we support but it is all internal company work on machines controlled by us. We have remote offices in Grand Island, Pottsdam NY, Pittsburgh PA, Columbus OH, and a few “home office executives”

In most cases for remote site support if there is an issue it going to be WAN related anyways so it will get routed to our network admin.

ooooo sent :slight_smile:

Resume sent sir!

Sounds good. I sent mine in.

awww shit i Saw that building a couple of times… I soo want to work there too…

I have 2 years experience at an IT consultant place already… but i make about the same as it would be offered there… … and i have classes from 2-7 almost every day…

lame

edit: god damn it … and it sounds like complete salvation from where i work…