Wanted: Garage Heater

looking for something that isn’t going to smoke me out, or give me a headache. Was told by my father to look into the blue flame type of heaters, ventless is key because I don’t have the option to start cutting holes into walls (I rent a duplex) so I’d to know if anyone has anything I could use

thanks in advance

Not really what you’re looking for but I have a diesel/kero heater. Salamander type. 165,000 BTU

100 bucks.

yea I had one of those before, not to mention that’s about 10 times the fuckin heat I need lol I’m only heating a small 2 car garage. I’ve found a few blue flame ventless propane heaters on CL, anyone have any good luck with them?

Jason look into a Propane convection heater.

There like 80-100$

I have one, works awesome no need to vent, you can smell the propane but i worked for hours in my closed garage without issue…

Works extremely well i belive mine is around 80kbtu and its the size of a small garbage can.

I got a killer good deal on CL on a blue flame style of heater. I might just go with that

i got a heater that i took out of my g’mas house,runs on kerosen,works like bn,same kind that i got in my shop,throws some killer heat,let me ask my dad how much he wants for it,i can prolly get him down to a resonable price ill send u a pic tommorow

I actually just traded my friend a bunch of random VW stuff that I’ve had for years and was going to throw out for his propane salamander, thanks for all of the help guys

do these need to be vented?

no they don’t, but you may need to open the door every few hours, depending on your tolerance to the fumes. I never had a problem and usually had it blowing directly on my face

nah, you wont die from it, but you may get a little nautious if you don’t vent it here and there

What they said ^

So to answer his question, yes it has to be vented :lol

It really doesn’t if you use kero. If you put #1 in it then yea :lol

I have a couple of these, just the larger versions. Good units.

This is a small one for about 700CF

http://www.heatershop.com/mrheater_propane_garage_heater_mhu45lp.html

ooopps didn’t see ventless required.

may need this, should be more than adequate for your place

http://www.heatershop.com/vent_free_garage_heater_vfgarlp.html

if it rolls coal ill have a permabonnar :lol

u had what blowin into your face ???:wow :rofl