Warning about Leaving Adelphia|TW for Dish/DTV

If You have HSI and tv through ATW and You’re planning on leaving for sateliette (:tup: ), also plan on calling ATW after You cancel service.

Cliffs below, in red.

I previously had digital cable and HSI bundled through AdelTW.
I recently changed television service to Dish Network.
A few days ago I called AdelTW to cancel television, while keeping HSI active on the midlevel plan.

Lo and behold, today Our HSI grinds to a stop. I can only navigate to the adelphia.net domain (but not timewarner.com).

I prepare a couple of aspirin and call tech support. I was blown away. Within mere moments I reached Tom, an HSI tech, and verify my account info. I explain whats happening and that I’ve rebooted the hardware.

• He points out that I haven’t finished the install
  • Thats pretty odd considering that I’ve had service at this address for nearly three years.
  • Oh! Let’s see… oh, You recently changed service and cancelled cable. Well, I know what it is, gimme a second. I’m sorry, and I don’t know why it does this, but the silly system de-links service when this happens. Let me reset Your HSI info on the account.
  • Moments later I reboot the router and voila!
  • Holy shit, You made that easier then I ever dreamed. Thanks, thanks alot.
    Very helpful rep., I was on the phone for less then three minutes. :tup: :tup: :tup:

CLIFFS: If You have cable & HSI bundled, then cancel cable, the AdelTW operating system will temporarily cancel Your HSI. Call HSI Tech support.

Maybe one of our NYSpeed AdelTW rep’s can expand upon this, but otherwise: FYI.

Basically when the HSI and TV rate codes are split from a bundle what happens is the modem is essentially treated like a new connection as a new rate has to be created. Then it directs you to the activation page which usually allows you to do it yourself. Problem is if you are using a router, VoIP, or a combo box that will block you from doing it. Pretty simple fix though.

Just wait until TW takes over, good luck trying to get a modem re-provisioned. :lol:

eh, makes sense.

Still, poor design.

:tup: FF

…and, I pray to the baby jesus & the baby seals everyday. Cant wait for HSI competition. FIOS or otherwise.

10 bucks says it goes out again within a couple days.

Remember this?
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22272&highlight=rant

Now that it’s happened to another person who left for Dish I’m starting to think they’re punishing us.

eh, when I cancelled cable I did not tell them it was in favor of Dish.

The CS rep asked why, I simply said that “For the money I’m paying I could have a midget paint a picture for me everynight that would look a few times better then these ‘digital’ channels”

lol

same crp happened to me, I had to ask pops if he cancelled internet too, i called and it had a block or hold on it and was back up in like 5 mins

:lol: :lol:

that happened to me when i moved they fawked me around for a few days

bump because this was just an issue for me

hmm, i made sure everything was hooked up from dish and verizon before i cancelled. obviously i had no issues.

why did you go with Dish? Verizon bundles DirecTV and Verizon phone/DSL all on one bill for you if you have both.

I had to call them for service related my HSI, the whole time i get a speil about oh do you have our tv cable service would you like digital cable (ive got the dish), 5 minutes of that for something that took a minute to set up an appt. Now really why would i want to switch to a company that will guarentee to raise my rates almost every year. Im looking into Fios but i dont think its available here in my area.
dish 120 package with DVR 55 a month, Vonage 25, HSP (tw) 42, 122 a month, is Fios cheaper?

Fawk, we’re still stuck with the Timewarner pig internet service. No Verizon service here in west seneca yet.

I’ll be honest here. I helped my dads buddy do the self install for verizon dsl. The speeds are VERY SLOW compared to time warner.

I think he was paying ten bucks less than what I do.

Fios>all of course, but until that rolls out, TW internet is not a bad deal.

Oh gosh I can’t wait til April 20th when all of Buffalo gets migrated finally 100% to Time Warner and we start taking Buffalo calls, yay.

lol