TW raising rates...

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/540561.html

welp, after I get done with my wedding (a week from today); it’s time to get a Dish…

who’s got the hook-up?

I’m NOT paying another $20/mo for TW’s crap… I’ll have to give them enough for my internet…

GOD DAMNIT TIME WARNER

edit: oh hey congrats guy.

If you decide to get Dish Network I can give you a code for Free $99 activation without signing the contract, and $30 off your first bill. I recommend Carbonfiberhooded to do the install. PM me if necessary.

I got you covered. Look here www.dishnetwork.com and let me know what programming package suits your needs, and how many HD, HD-DVR, standard DVR, and standard receivers you need.

Shoot me a PM.

this is annoying… I’ll have to research again to see if dish or direct can beat TW after the increase…

this will be the final straw for me using TW.

Joe/carbonfiberhooded - so you can get around the activation fee and signing a contract? My biggest reason for staying with TW previously was I was told you have to sign a contract.

Ha so not only do they take away channels for a period of time, they come back out and say “Oh yea, here are your channels back but we are raising your rates?” lol

Signup for directv. I can get you $50

Yeah, if you have an existing customer give you a referral code, you get the activation free without a contract

Yep, I can get you around both no problem.

travisn will need a referral too if anyone has one, send it his way. Just let him know what it is when you send it. Tell him I’ll need it.

sadly people will just pay it so TW will do nothing about it. kinda like 4$ gas. as long as people are stupid enough to pay it, the rates will continue to be higher and higher.

Capitolism is FUN

fuck this… i’ll be in touch soon and be getting dish…

Sent. Anyone else who needs one let me know.
Disclaimer: I also get something out of the deal, $5 off a month for 10 months. You actually get more but this way people don’t say im scamming.

thanks Joe/cfhooded…I will be in touch shortly :tup:

I have a referral code if anyone else needs it.

I like to try to spread the wealth. I have them from my own account but only use them in an emergency.

I’ll send the next one your way Mike!

I love how the Viacom thing was supposed to be like 26 cents a customer, yet they are raising the rate about $5 a month.

Why do they need to raise the DVR cost per month, it has nothing to do with cost of programming?
The unit is a fixed price they purchased.

Where are all of the TW humpers? Every other thread about TW is loaded with 3-4 people that work there trying like mad to defend the actions of a massive company.

I will probably hold out until I can get the full FIOS package.

aren’t we losing like 19 channels too?

I’ve got some Dish Network referral codes to give out too, so just let me know.

ugh. i barely even watch tv. I should probably just cancel.