TW raising rates...

no…

and don’t be sheeple, crunch the numbers, don’t buy on emotion.

Lurking, but it’s useless to try talk sense to some of you people. Price change doesn’t affect me, my nice low price is locked in for the next two years.

Edit: Oh, and everything goes up. Get used to it and quit whining like little girls.

And it’s capitAlism.

Thieves.

Lol. They’re not forcing you to use their service.

maybe instead of running their commercial on TV every 4 seconds they should sell even half the airtime to other advertisers they wouldn’t have to do this :gotme:

I seriously see some TW commercial bashing verizion every other commercial.

Could be the dumbest fucking thing said in 2009 so far

TV is a luxury. Gas is a necessity.

You can go on your day to day life without a $100 cable/tv bill but you can not go on with your life without gas. Ya people use LESS but they are nothing alike.

Call them and tell them you are going to switch, and you want to lock in a promotional rate for a year.

My dad called and said this, and he locked in a rate 10 bucks cheaper than his promotional rate was…

They aren’t going to let dish take their business over a few bucks guys, especially if they already have your money on a monthly basis.

Just call and bitch, they will take care of you.

Its the people that don’t call that pay the rate increase.

Everyone wants everything, but noone wants to pay for it. Oh well.

I can see a bitchfest if TW didn’t add or change anything and price hikes, but I do think the added a few channels and features :thankyou:

With this crowd tho, I could see a bitchfest if they decreased rates, lmao

I just called and they said that they would give me the promotional rate, but only if I signed up for two years.

:tdown:

If anyone would like DirecTV, you can get $50 back as well as get me $50 as well when you sign up. That’s the DirecTV referral program.

As a new customer you get free installation and a free HD or DVR upgrade. It’s only a one year contract. If you opt-out early, it’s a $12/month fee per month… which isn’t much when you want to get FIOS later on if it becomes available.

You can purchase any ONE premium channel and be able to watch ANY movies on all of them. It’s instant to switch which channel and you can do it once per 24 hour period via their website (cancel the channel and it offers to let you switch to another immediately). Essentially, you can buy HBO, MAX, ENcore, etc. for only $12/month :slight_smile:

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I can toss you an invite if you want to switch to DirecTV instead of Dish.

we need somebody on the inside @ TW to step inside this thread.

Good post.

The two year reduced rate isn’t a promotion, it’s for any customer. You sign up for two years, they’re guaranteed your business for two years, so they give you a price break and keep the price low for two years. Win win situation. That’s what I have.

so glad that i don’t care about these threads anymore :smiley:

why, Because you are a daddy and can’t watch tv anymore!

Actually, he is stealing cable from his neighbor so he doesn’t have to pay for any of the services. Diapers and baby food are expensive!

They were not offering me a reduced rate, just the rate I currently have. I have been with them for 3+ years now because they are the only ones to offer high-speed internet access where I live and the rates have increased multiple times. I specifically asked for a discounted rate and I was told this is a discount because otherwise my rate will go up app 17 dollars in feb. I also specifically asked what improvements and/or channels i will be seeing extra and I was told since I do not have dvr services she could not think of any. I am not expecting something for nothing, I am wondering why my rates continue to increase without an increase in service or being proportional to inflation.

Costs keep going up for everyone. If you’re not going to switch for two years anyways, why not just sign up for the two year rate? Then you won’t have to worry about your rate going up.

And the only difference between Time Warner’s rates going up and the other companies’ rates going up is that TW has to announce it, because they have a contract with the town/city to provide basic cable to residents. DTV, Dish, and Verizon are private companies that don’t have to publicly announce rate hikes, so they go unnoticed by the majority.

my concern with signing the contract is not that I doubt I’ll have cable for two years, it’s that I will want to change the deals and terms overtime and this is where it gets ugly. i.e. I want to upgrade road runner, what price do I pay for the upgraded service?

so it’s not so black and white.

I’m going to do all the math again later, but the fact that I still need internet from TW is what keeps me stuck with them overall.

exactly why I am hesitant