Was never a fan of lane splitting...

Not to mention given how “well” people drive on the road, it is nothing more than a time bomb. :crazy

That guy in the truck definitely did that shit on purpose

shoulda drove normall and not tried it

its just asking for it sometimes

I wonder how that would hold up in court. Lane splitting is legal in some states/countries.

weather its legal or not, its kind of a dick move either way. Basically your asking to get plastered IMO…

If it’s legal it’s not a dick move, it’s a traffic/congestion - efficient move on the motorway.

With that said however it’s only smart to execute the manuever while traffic is at a standstill.

If a bike is sized to safely move along while the rest of the traffic physically can’t, then why not? You guys enjoy your ac and music in the car, there is no reason for the biker not to use of the advantages of the bike.

There’s no reason they shouldn’t enjoy the benefits, but it’s the sole responsibility of the rider to pay attention and ride in the appropriate areas. As always, use at your own risk. In a situation as unpredictable as a slow moving highway, I’d probably use the shoulder or the slow lane and not between the outer lanes… or not take the chance at all.

Yeah, you’re definitely not supposed to do it through moving traffic, slow or not.
Generally it’s used to filter through to the front at traffic lights where a bike can pull away, lessening congestion, or at standstills during rush hour.

I would love NY to legalize it. Although the only time I would do it would be in stand still traffic and maybe do 5mph tops… lol But standing in traffic on a 90*+ day really sucks.

Unfortunately will never happen, especially because of NYC and their hatred (sp?) for bikes.

If NY legalize it, as a rider I will still probably not use it to get to the front at intersections. Intersections are already dangerous enough as is.

I lane split on the track :ninja