Was thinking about getting a bottle of Louis xiii.Anyone want in?

[quote=“Bsp TC,post:20,topic:40138"”]

premier wine and spirits on transit i know has a bottle of it,

the bottle is bacarat (sp) crystal, thats what makes it so much.

[/quote]

Any idea what they wanted for it?I have a guy from Canada going to check the duty free tom. for me.
So does anyone want in? I don’t want to drink it all myself.
D

and i thought patron was expensive at 60$ for a .75

Christ, nothing is worth 120$ a shot.

you could get a decent car for that price.

maybe in Miami :bloated:

Check this one out $200 for 50 ml bottle and the bottle is made out of hand blown crystal. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300181078005&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX&refitem=300162178330&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget

And $700 for a 750 ml
http://cgi.ebay.com/Louis-XIII-Remy-Martin-750ML-Baccarat-Decanter-Eight-8_W0QQitemZ260190741460QQihZ016QQcategoryZ369QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

id do it but its the bottle thats worth the money. if the bottle is worth 1200 on ebay, it makes the liquor inside worth only 300. so a shot would relatively go for only about ~25 bucks.

Caputi’s liquors has a bottle … I think its 1300 bucks…

[quote=“dirtye30,post:25,topic:40138"”]

id do it but its the bottle thats worth the money. if the bottle is worth 1200 on ebay, it makes the liquor inside worth only 300. so a shot would relatively go for only about ~25 bucks.

[/quote]

And no… Blue label ($220, $78 - $100 for AAFES members lol) is 20-30 bucks… And this is certainly not something you just open for a shot…

[quote=“misteroman$$$,post:21,topic:40138"”]

Any idea what they wanted for it?I have a guy from Canada going to check the duty free tom. for me.
So does anyone want in? I don’t want to drink it all myself.
D

[/quote]

should be between 1300-1500 $

yup 1399 at duty free.I was told they will negociate if you are serious tho.
D

buy a barrel for only 2 mill

It’s $1500/bottle first off, out of the greed of the producer, importer, wholesaler and retailer. Secondly because of the rarity of the product; Remy Martin Louis XIII is a blended grand cru cognac that is made from cognacs dating back to the 1730’s. Remy Martin just bottled some from the first barreling and are selling it under the name Louis XIII Black Pearl at $8-10,000/bottle.

And my poor ass thought jack daniels single barrel was good stuff. Ignorance is bliss.

it is good stuff.

rum lovers should check out pyrat xo reserve. its made by patrone. they also make pyrat “cask” which is ~$250/750ml IIRC.

there is no e in patron

but good recommendation evolve, pyrat is indeed a delicious rum

right now my best rum is appleton estate’s master blenders legacy, 30 year old barrel aged. got it at duty free for a decent price.