Was thinking about getting a bottle of Louis xiii.Anyone want in?

As stated above was thinking about getting a bottle of louis xiii for a little present to myself was reading online of people paying stupid amounts for shots of the stuff.Not sure if there was any interest in this, but was thinking maybe like $75-100 a shot if you really wanted to try it but didn’t want to pay $150+ a shot.
let me know and this thread will probably get interesting
D

i would be able to do one shot and then have to drink barton’s for the rest of the weekend :frowning:

Im down:beer2:

any reasons why its $1,500 a bottle?

[quote=“DrDoS,post:4,topic:40138"”]

[/quote]

Ditto?

[/quote]

because there’s idiots out there that will pay that much…just to say they did…

Think 150$ a shot is bad? I read in stuff magazine that some hotel in London serves up 1.5oz shots of a 217 year old bottle of I think some type of rum for 5,000$ a pop.

[/quote]

a empty bottle of it will go for around $500 to $700 on ebay. The bottle is crystal from what I remeber.

… again, is there any reason for this? Even if the bottle, for some stupid purpose, is $500, why is the liquor $1000?

It is blended with stuff that has been aged since the 1700s, I’m sure EZFD will chime in on this he was just telling me about it last weekend

when I was in London I went to a famous steak house (forgot the name) and they had a bottle of Napoleon wine that was $3000 british pounds a glass. needless to say I didn’t drink any

[quote=“TORQDSS,post:11,topic:40138"”]

when I was in London I went to a famous steak house (forgot the name) and they had a bottle of Napoleon wine that was $3000 british pounds a glass. needless to say I didn’t drink any

[/quote]

HAHA You’re poor!!!

[quote=“Roush97,post:8,topic:40138"”]

a empty bottle of it will go for around $500 to $700 on ebay. The bottle is crystal from what I remeber.

[/quote]

No it is because you can refill it with something cheap and look baller.:pimp:

each bottle has a dilluted tear from chuck norris. fyi.

I’m not a big Cognac/Brandy connoisseur, so i didn’t get the full appreciation for Louis Xiii. It was nice, but i can’t say it’s better then a $150 bottle of Cognac.

[quote=“Roush97,post:8,topic:40138"”]

[/quote]

actually they go for about 1-200 for the bottle on ebay
D

I had a “shot” of it for my birthday this past April; I won a bet at a bar with a rich friend of mine (name and price of bottles behind the bar); so she bought us both a shot for my birthday.

Yummy stuff, that’s for sure. Worth the $120/shot that she paid; hell I didn’t may for it :stuck_out_tongue:

I went to the website and plugged in a zip code and it stated that it could be purchased at Solid Gold (strip club). LMAO!!!

It must be good stuff.:bloated:

It’s stupid to spend that much on a bottle of alcohol. But this is a automotive forum…

I have an empty bottle, I didn’t think about selling it lol…

premier wine and spirits on transit i know has a bottle of it,

the bottle is bacarat (sp) crystal, thats what makes it so much.