wat up

wat up just joined
names john machanic at wright nissan
i roll a 96 chevy silverado standard cab stepside has a vortec 5.0 hopin to find a 5.7 mostly stock exept flowmaster exhaust and k&n air filter im goin for mostly show with a little power nothin extreme

Welcome!!! Glad to see you signed up :bigthumb:

welcome:beer:

eurodad has a 5.7 f/s

u no wat year truck it is out of by chance

pm him,why does it matter if its a vortec?

hey, welcome to the site

the block and heads are redisighed if u had a 96 and newer truck your block vin is R if it is 95 and older its vin si K

we are not noobs on trucks, if you want we can school you. it a 91 block out of a cop car. crank was replaced along with all bearings and new rings when i bought it. i added vortec heads and a stock lt1 cam. i have no more than 5,000 miles on it. i would estimate it to be about 330-350hp range. here is a video of the truck it is in. this was last year after putting it in.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m26/donmx14/th_bigwhitetruck.jpg

BTW the block is not redesigned. the block is unchanged from 87-99. heads and cams are the big changes

all the poeple i talked to at my old dealer told me if i wanted to us my old intake from da vortec 5.0 to a vortec 5.7 they said i need a block wit vin R

you would be better off swapping to a marine style intake. it works better.

i just want to swap blocks but keep da fuel injected intake i want to no if da 5.0 heads and intake will fit and older 5.7

5.0 heads will raise your compression.

here is the marine intake

http://www.sfatek.com/images/efi.jpg

so if i got taht i would have to change ga wiring harness to da injectors my
injectors are in the top plenum

nevermind

put ur intake & efi on his long block & ur good to go,dealers never tell u how ez shit is!

Haha…funny name when asking all the questions in ebonics. You related to “Joe Mechanic”? :nuts:

If these guys are telling you to run the marine intake, then do it. I’m sure Eurodad & Pewter know alot more than yur dealer buds on this subject.

eurodad’s truck ran very well with his budget combo and would make yours do the same. i run a newer driveline

welcome to the site and good to hear another trucker