Watch Crew: What to buy?

MOAR PICS!!!

IMG_20180608_1827103

Testing uploading images from phone.

Have had my PVD, re-bezelled sub on NATO for a while but rarely wear it. The NATO is now showing just the right amount of fray.

1 Like

You have a gold Daytona and you are wearing that…

Yes you gotta change it up here and there.

My RubberB on my Daytona wore through and I replaced it recently. So as a note, daily use of RubberB is a 2.5 - 3 year thing.

1 Like

we need to be talking about watches more.

i’m sorta wanting to go back into speedmasters. i really like what they are doing with that watch. there are 3 great versions of it in this video:

and these watchfinder videos are hypnotic.

@Beck @EvoMR

That Schumacher Speedy looks familiar

IMG_9919%5B1%5D

1 Like

Screenshot_20190212-000524~2

Yo bump it up.

This breitling tho!

The google or facebook algorithm knows this is right my style. Not cool enough to diversify these days though.

That watch is probably worth more than the car it’s pictured in, lol.

@EvoMR bro are you following the prices on the Nautili?

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=795185

i just checked ebay… $100k+ for a stainless Nautilus… holy hell.

I’ve seen pricing go nuts lately.

At least mechanical watches don’t have a semiconductor chips… I have been keeping my eye on a Bell & Ross for the past 2 years and it hasn’t gotten below my trigger price.
At the same time I haven’t worn a watch in the last year+

i dont think the prices are coming back any time soon if ever.

So anyone have a hook up on a Rolex Daytona, just to get one? Went into Reeds and the case looked like it was recently smash and grabbed. They had one ladies datejust in there. Said they might get 2 in a quarter……

seriously.

i was in the Rolex boutique downtown Vancouver and they didnt have a single mans watch in inventory. Only watch in the whole store was a ladies datejust as well. the display mats in the cases had artwork so as to blind one from realizing there was literally zero inventory.

you can always find them on Rolexforums if you’re willing to pay grey market pricing.

which daytona are you looking for? Ceramic bezel? steel or gold? WG, YG or RG? steel, rubber or leather?

WG Meteorite if my wife wouldn’t divorce me, So instead, stainless with a white face. Ideally would want to swap out the face to meteorite if they ever offer it down the road. Rubber or leather band as well.

I was in Europe 2 weeks ago and didnt have the itch, kicking myself now because I didn’t even walk in any of the Rolex shops there.

so one of the pre-ceramix stainless ones or is there a ceramic wiht a meteorite dial as well?

WG meteorite here: FS: Rolex Daytona White Gold 116519MT Meteorite Dial - Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

i think this is full WG w/ bracelet at this price: FS: Rolex Daytona Meteorite Dial 116509 Box/Papers 2013 - Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

good luck

Thanks, yeah those are the ones that my wife would leave me if I bought one haha. Above is the one I’m drooling over, but I’ll settle for stainless. As the additional $20k could be used on something better, I guess…… lol.

you’re never going to find that watch for under $50k USD.

I have a RG chocolate face of that and i wouldnt even consider selling for that.

Last one listed in Canada from the main grey dealers was $54k CDN over a year ago and havent seen one listed since in any of the major grey spots.

i would seriously consider buying that watch if i found one at or slightly above MSRP. i’ve told my boys i’ll get a WG version and they can each have one when im gone.

Oh yeah I know, everything I’ve seen is $50k plus. I feel like you can’t lose with a Rolex at this point the way supply is and everything selling for crazy money the last 18 months plus. Really kicking myself for not getting something sooner though.