Watch Crew: What to buy?

Thanks for the info guys I will probably check one out, it is worth a look IMO.

I am liking that Omega. Look into the OPO as well. I’m glad the Watch Crew is back. I picked up a couple nice ones lately myself.

WHile I love “pricier” watches ( I mean like 1000-2500, nothing too baller) what exactly is the point, I mean there is 5% of the population who will actually recognize that it is infact a nice quality watch. Do they hold their value or something, for instance, could you trade it in, in a few years for a nicer watch ala a car?

http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/paul-frank-calculator-watch.jpg

Some (even brand new) watches appreciate over time.

Hott. The blue second hand really does it for me.

That’s actually for the chrono feature. The second hand is at 9 o’clock.

Do you buy things that will impress other people? Do you only buy things that hold value? Just by wearing a nice watch a few times compared to a cheap one it should make sense. Not trying to drill you at all i am just saying lots of people spend money on lots of different things and not everyone likes the same stuff.

same is said for cars… except watches tend to hold value more steadily.

Its a hobby, like anything else.

yes, most say, a car will get you from point a to point b
and the enthusiast will say, well a BMW > toyota
more horsepower,better handling ect.

do $$ watches perform better? Like, do they have ever lasting batteries, never need tune ups? built with rare/expensive materials?

I’m not arguing at all, i’m asking!

higher precision, longer life, better materials.

generally.

plus, status symbol of course.

actually you will probably get better precision out of a timex than you would a panerai LOL

It’s not really about accuracy. People will buy a digital casio for accuracy. It’s about having a watch that is an art piece. A mechanical watch is more interesting to me.

take a look at people who collect art… they spend $,$$$,$$$ for a piece of art to hang in their home and enjoy. Personally i can’t justify that, but i can understand. Sure you could get a poster copy of the same artwork, but its just not the same. Similar with watches.

A nice watch is like a piece of working art that you can wear.

it’s important not to try and Justify why people are willing to spend money on watches, but to understand that people can have passions for a certain niche. Their happens to be a large following for watches as there is for art, coins, stamps, cars, etc.

http://luxurybazaar.com/timepieces/images/watches/medium/5f8bc080-214a-41be-8c41-ead81b9eefbf.jpg

or

http://luxurybazaar.com/timepieces/images/watches/medium/17a11234-2c64-4936-b9d3-f9f1ee5f383a.jpg
or
http://luxurybazaar.com/timepieces/images/watches/medium/8cd146e4-6b2b-4301-8870-4c3984791eae.jpg
will be my next watch, I can’t decide which I want first.

^

I have a BR 03-92 PVD and it’s a nice piece. I would start with that as the AP and Hublot will both be much pricier.

I wish a mod would prune all this bullshit from this thread and just leave the watch discussion behind :x:

Agreed. I also wish people would stop feeling it necessary to add their rediculous “im too poor for this to make sense to me” comments as well.

this arguement sucks.

why do we modify our cars and spend tens of thousands of dollars on them when the police hate them, neighbours hate them, seniors hate them etc. etc.

everytime my car comes up in conversation and the amount of power it makes some bitch or cock-fag always says:

“why have all the power if you never get to use it?”

i say: “fuck you i hit 200kph on the way to work this morning and i regularly track the car”

in other words, i built the car for me in as much as i buy the watch for me.

similarly, why do people bother going to church and beleiving in god when the number of devote christians / catholics the world over is in decline?

They do so for themselves and their own well being, not for that of others.

the reason churchies go to church and the reason we all come here is because we share these common interests and we prefer to associate with those who do.

The fact that this thread exists and is this large means that alot of us are into watches and other cool gadgetry and that is enough to squash any arguement against it.

^ wrd