Watch Crew: What to buy?

Number 1 or Number 2 with metal band

A good watch is a wonderful thing. I heart my Omega.

one day last month, i decided to stop appearing baller

i’m significantly happier now

I like Breitling and Rolex.
Currently, most days I wear a fake sliver Yacht-Master Rolex that I got in NYC that has “sweeping” movements and self-winding.
When I wear a suit, I throw on my real gold/sliver Rolex DateJust (looks too formal for daily use).

If you get a self-winding watch make sure to get one of these:
http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/product/sku__AR007

By the way I agree with the fakes being useless, I looked at a fake Breitling that had like 6 dials on it and only the clock worked.

vintage bay bee.
brown on brown.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/ultradestroyer/Camaro.jpg

none of the 3 watches are very unique or interesting looking.
No real style to them either.

There is much more out there that will make a great accessory to a outfit.

If you are buying this as a status symbol or investment (???) then thats a different story but I dont understand the reasoning or care for it so I cant comment further.

not all of us our poor

on a side note:

be a real man

http://www.europastar.com/europastar/photos/01_2006/bugatti_1.jpg

I’d have to say #2 with rubber band would be my pick.

Although #1 with metal band would be very nice as well if you can get it cheaper than #2.

Wow…

Aside from the B&R both the UN and the PAN are extremely unique looking watches.

Please show me similar looking watches

Apperantly not all of us our good at engrish

I guess I just dont see the point of spending a few grand on a watch. I have a Croton and its very nice and it gets complimented on from time to time.

With the amount of cash your spending there id rather have a jetski, snowmobile, atv. or some other toy that has a little more use than just keeping time and looking nice.

If its that important that you have to tell people i have a $5k watch, I find that sad.

IMHO it doesnt seem like there are enough people that know enough about them to recognize one when they see it, at least Not in WNY.

No I am good at engrish I suck at english…:rubicant:

Yes, I would much rather have something that’s going to depreciate in value…

A nice watch is no different than a nice suit, but maybe you’re happy with the $100 special at SYMMS…

I like nice things, sorry you don’t.

My job requires me to be innovative and motivated 100% of the time, having luxuries is a nice reminder of why I bust my ass everyday.

haha

Not everythings about money (value) Joe, get over yourself

Dude, this statement sounds so absurd. I mean, come on man. I don’t care how much money you got, but 100K for a watch? There aren’t better ways to use your money?

It’s all relative.

Exactly, the person who makes:
30k/yr is going to buy a $100 watch
50k/yr is going to buy a $1000 watch
1billion/year is going to be given his $100,000 watch for free for wearing it because he is good friends with the designer haha.

those watches are teh gay

so who was “pwned” there? you or him? “engrish” is a common interweb joke. using “our” in the place of “are” is borderline retardation.

yes it is.

The point i was making was not about owning something that is going to increase or decrease in value. Its about using your money wiseley. After you buy a watch for 5k what do you have to show for it?

A expensive suit is a different story. More people are apt to tell a good suit from a poor one. And a good suit also has no real place in WNY.

So lets see you have a pretty new MB that could use some mods to make it a little more fun.

If you dont already own a house why not go that route, thats the best investment you can make.

If you think people are going to envy you or want to be you becuase you have a MB and a $5000 watch, your sorrily mistaken. Your full of yourself.