Watch Geeks - Opinion on first "Swiss Watch"

Gonna need alot more studies to cover the cost of that toy…

The sleep study I’m doing is paying out $2,350. Starts Jan 31, I’ll be paid before March. Only missing 2 days of work :slight_smile:

But I don’t want to talk about it anymore, don’t need any grimey nyspeed niggas tryin’ to steal my hustle

But a car can do much more than go from A - B. Esp. being an auto. forum, we use cars for work, auto-x, track stuff, meets, photos, etc. I can dig an appreciation for nice things, I get it. I guess watches are just not my thing. Like I said, whatever keeps you happy. No hate here…

If you read up on materials and movements you could understand the price points. There’s also a great deal of markup in terms of Heritage (see Ferrari).

At the end of the day a $10 quartz casio will tell better time than almost any mechanical watch out there, even ones that cost well over $100,000 (I guess they’re very different than expensive cars in that sense). Watches are something that you have a personal connection with, and there’s certainly something to be said about the absolute beauty of a mechanical movement.

It’s not so much a taste thing, it’s just that TAGs really aren’t very good watches these days and the company isn’t a very good watch company. Don’t get me wrong TAG’s a decent entry level watches, but Omegas are better.

Ever since the previous watch thread i have paid a little more attention to the watches i see once in a while. This one caught my eye.
http://www.roumazeilles.net/news/en/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/romain_jerome_titanic.jpg

Its one of several that are made from salvaged peices of the titanic. Sort of a neat idea but the watch itself just looks fucking badass to me. I do have more of an appreciation for watches now and maybe someday i will be in a position to afford somethign of that quality but for now i would stick with a high quality knock off even though there are some knob gobblers on this forum that turn their nose up at the idea…

Those Titanic watches are awesome, some are reasonable w/o the Tourbillion

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg&th=995686&start=0&rid=54043

There you go $1700 holla!

looks sick i like it

and sureshot not bad choices either, either that or the tag

wtf siq, i likessss. thanks

man watch crew is fucking weak

There have already been some involved watch threads, I think those mainly drained the potential out of this forum. :shrug:

Ever since I went to that sight, my mind has been changing pretty frequently, ugh.

I’ll give you one reason and this isn’t a stab at you for at all…

You are the only one who can afford any of these watches, the rest are poor nuthuggers…

probably cause most people on here would rather upgrade their car then collect watches. Theres plenty of people here who spend thousands on car parts.

what could u HONESTLY expect here

I am sure there are plenty of people on this board that have the coin to buy nice watches.
They are an investment that really never depreciates

Sorry I have a Tag… and even bought one for the wifey this year too, can I sill be in the crew…:suckoff:

:ohyeah:

I only had to look at and try on one really nice watch before i understood why people pay what they do for them. Im still a complete watch newb and need to do some more reading into the subject but as of now i bought a citizen eco-drive as a daily and a movado 800 series as a when i feel like it watch. In the price range of the movado there were some i liked more but i was able to use someones employee discount to buy both of them. I really like the tag posted in this thread. I am a sucker for chrono. I plan to get one or two more watches in the next 6-10 months and need to start looking more into it.

There are a lot of nice watches with quality movements that are more reasonably priced as well.

Examples?