Watch Glass Repair?

I recently bought an Akribos XXIV (nothing too fancy, but nice enough) and within 2 weeks the glass was cracked. I don’t even know when/how it happened, but the damage is done.

Are there any places locally that could replace the glass?

Here’s the watch for reference:

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/B08AAOSwL7VWs3us/s-l300.jpg

I used Hamburg Watch and Clock for my Oris. Did what they promised. I don’t have a point of reference on cost. Their website doesn’t list hours but they’re not open very late weeknights and do have limited Saturday’s.

Contact Matt Hoffman - can’t remember his forum name on here.

That’s BAKER from Crinzi Jewelers in Hamburg isn’t it?

Different guy.

• Updated - - -

Matt = @95d16turbo

yeah that’s the guy…

@Paulo, That’s just a round, flat glass… correct?

Yes sir. Nothing too special about it at all. In fact, it has the name etched on the glass which I find annoying. So if that doesn’t end up back on the watch it’s a bonus.

PMed

cracked the glass on a few of mine and took them to watch world on niag falls blvd… charged like 30 bucks total to fix them.

I have bad experiences with watch world on the Blvd but had my omega completely redone by Matt ^^^ A+

Nice. We’re corresponding now. I’ll be going to his shop soon. :tup:

Went down to Hamburg Watch and Clock Saturday morning. They had the crystal in stock, got it done in about 10 minutes, and only cost $20.

:tup: to that place. It will certainly be my go to from now on. Thanks for the input guys. And thanks for lining it up @95d16turbo.

What ever ended up being wrong with the oris? I dove with it before and it was fine I felt so bad when I saw that pic you sent me.

Not entirely sure. I could’ve left the crown loose, but HW & C got all the moisture out of the crystal and put in a new seal. Told me to avoid wearing in situations other than hand washing. A little annoyed I should have to treat a “finer” timepiece so carefully, especially when it’s got a rating to 300M. It’s my daily right now. How about your Tissot?

Damn thats bizarre they are known for making good diving watches!? At least it looks nice though haha. I ended up trading the tissot for another watch and some sabres tickets for my girls birthday. My daily is a emporio armani roman numeral watch currently which is a little too dressy for my taste but it will have to do until after I buy a house then a new tag heuer aquaracer will be my next purchase.

I know you don’t want to take the price hit, but I would send it into the Oris North America service center for a full service.

I like that alot.

May consider that at some point. Still catching up from funds spent on man cave.