Watch how real shit gets the next few years (China hacking everyone)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/senate-sifts-evidence-of-chinese-cyberespionage-11544635251?fbclid=IwAR08yFeHml5DLQ91iGFx-9R7gjE1qmgWNJOBI3EGqnyWgBfP3pufnfSsqPw

1 Like

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/12/711779130/as-china-hacked-u-s-businesses-turned-a-blind-eye

bump

Spalding says he made it his mission to get the word out to other government agencies. But even in 2015, he says, he was met mostly with a shrug.

“The two responses we got were, ‘Oh my gosh, this is really, really bad.’ And the second one is, ‘That’s not my job,’” Spalding says. “That was almost the universal answer we got every time we went to a senior leader. Bad problem but not my problem.”

Whelp, OK then.

1 Like

Well at least now they’re talking about it to the public directly.

I think the only thing that would stop China from becoming the the #1 global power financially and militarily in the next 20-30 years would be war or disaster…and it would have to on a scale the earth has never seen. They just have too many resources to be stopped and the information age has made anything possible. Watching the Grand Tour episode in China gave me goosebumps. I think another thing that might keep the US ahead would be lockheed’s fusion project if it were to be successful and rapidly deployed over the next ten years.

More motorway than anywhere else in the world, and they only started in 1988. That 34 mile long bridge is insane.

Off topic but these videos keep leading me to other awesome shit. CAN I INVEST MY MONEY HERE ALSO???!

I disagree with this. I don’t think they’re everything they project to the world.

I hope you’re right. I might may be reading too many books as of late where an EMP takes out north americas electrical grid and china shows up in california to provide “relief”.

Hack the Chinese back!

2 Likes

Haweii (spelling?) apparently outlawed.

WHomp whomp

Bump

Assumed this has been happening all along and will continue to.

US Attorney General William Barr also gave a speech, urging the US and allies to invest in Nokia and Ericsson to counter Huawei’s growing presence on the 5G market

Good for my Nokia stonks

I shoulda held

“The people of the United States are the victims of what amounts to Chinese theft on a scale so massive that it represents one of the largest transfers of wealth in human history.”

“We’ve now reached the point where the FBI is opening a new China-related counterintelligence case approximately every 10 hours. Of the nearly 5,000 active FBI counterintelligence cases currently under way across the country, almost half are related to China.”

“China is working to compromise American health care organizations, pharmaceutical companies, and academic institutions conducting essential COVID-19 research.”

“American taxpayers are effectively footing the bill for China’s own technological development. China then leverages its ill-gotten gains to undercut U.S. research institutions and companies, blunting our nation’s advancement and costing American jobs.”

1 Like

oh hey welcome back!

How long till tik tok is shut down? I love tik tok’s response on the news about sharing information with the chinese government - “no we didn’t”

lmao