Watches

Citizen makes some sweet watches that charge in he sun… Eco Drive… pretty hot watches.

Citizen Black Eagle Skyhawk

Citizen Eco-Drive WR100

I like my Movado and ESQ Swiss watches. They’re great watches for a good price(under $500) Baller status watch for me would be a Indicator P6910, by Eterna for Porsche Design. Hard to find them now for under $150K

my wife got me an elgin watch for christmas it was only like 200 bucks… looks nice works great, its not to flashy and it goes with pretty much all of my suites and my knock around clothes, bolva makes a nice watch too, citizens makes a good one for those who are not wanting to use battery power they have the eco drive watches and quite a few of those are pretty nice looking.

Why would you EVER buy any jewelry in a mall?

My buddy is GIA certified and has a place on Altamont. You want some good shit, let me know.

Citizen and Seiko make some mad nice watches plus they are basically bullet proof. I have a Citizen Nighthawk and I love it.

I have a citizen eco-drive for my dialy. I love it. Best watch I’ve ever had (so far!)

peep the Burberry watches they can be had for your price range. kenneth cole makes nice watches but hover around $100 you can do much beter than that

i have a stainless steel, 2 titanium, 1 tungsten and 1 ceramic. all invictas. they work great and look nice. no complaints

I just have a sub $100 fossil that I wear every day. Love it…don’t really see the need for anything more at this point in my life. But just about all the ones posted have been nice.

:+1 :nod

had a fossil before I upgraded. “silver” color faded away and revealed some god awful copper looking material underneath. That was over 5 years ago, so maybe things have changed.

Being a total watch snob - I’ll keep it brief cause most people don’t wanna hear from me on such topics.

Buy something that will maintain value - do not buy a mall brand watch. Goto a jeweler when you’re purchasing a watch over $100. Period. I recommend brands such as Hamilton (Air, Field, or Aviation) or Rado (Original). You can get these for around $500 (a little more than you’re looking to spend) but they will always retain a good % of their value. Watches are unlike cars, they are a very good investment. If you want to get into the middle-tier you can get into a Tag Heuer for around $600. Do not be afraid of spending a little more on a watch because you can always get your money out of it.

Here is a company I highly recommend, they are out of California and offer excellent selection and service.

www.authenticwatches.com

If you have any watch related Q’s, feel free to PM me.

I want to hear more. I can split the thread if necessary. I have many scratches on my Movado but a place in Midtown said they could polish it and fix it up. I have heard this is not the case from others and that most watches cannot be completely free of scratches. The face appears fine but the band is stainless steel and has issues.

With that said, I want to upgrade to watch for special occasions. I am not sure what exactly I am after but something a bit higher end. I considered Rolex but it’s a bit too much “image” for me. Suggestions?

I, personally, am a huge fan of diving watches. The movements are much more accurate (nobody wants to drown) and they are much more tolerant to daily wear and tear than a lot of their counterparts. Dress watches such as Breitling, Jager, ect have a high price tag but depreciate quickly and are prone to premature wear because they’re a “luxury” watch that is meant to be worn on occasion with a tux or soemthing of the like. Rolex offers several different lines (as most top flight watch manufacturers) so you can cater to your taste. I, personally, am a huge fan of Omega watches. I currently daily wear an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45mm. It’s a co-axial chronometer which keeps very accurate time for a fully automatic movement (quartz is the most accurate, but not as desireable in the high-end market) and after 2 years of wearing it every day has little to no showings of wear on the casing and face. Other brands I recommend which I personally collect and find interest in are are Paneri and Heuer (not Tag). There are a ton of companies out there for watches and a lot of them are very very good quality if you’re willing to spend the money.

i have an old russian divers watch. theyre called an officers watch in russia. ive seen some for sale, but its not the same thing. they kept saying “it has the see see see pee logo on it” which looks like CCCP, but its russian letters that mean USSR. those fools couldnt even get that right

i work at sam’s club and we got a decnet collection of men’s watches including a nice bulova watch that i like which is under $300…if you dont have a memebership just come see me (meena, i’ll be on the front by the registers either wearing a green vest of just with my nametag on and i’ll just run my card for you if you find something you like)

we also have a bunch of movados although im not sure how many of them are under 400…but if you want, come see me and i’ll help you out

forgot to mention, i’ll be there fromn 1-9 (lunch around 5-530) so i wont be out

\

nice to see ya post once n’ a while guff, just so happens to be about expensive watches, go figure. baller.

It’s disheartening to hear the “recommendations” for a nice watch on here. Burberry? Bulova? You guys should be ashamed of yourself for recommending such things. These are NOT NICE WATCHES. These recommendations are the equivilant of putting a fast and the furious decal kit on your honda civics to add hp. You’ve got to be kidding me.

Nice - Paneri, Rolex, Omega, Hublot, Heuer, ect…
Respectable - Tag Heuer, Hamilton, Chopard, Rado, ect…
Dog shit - Gucci, Burberry, Coach, Bulova, D&G, ect…

There are brands like Fossil, Movado, Citizen, Seiko, ect…that make a half way decent product for what you pay, but I guarantee you that it’s nowhere NEAR the quality of the respectable or nice brands listed above. Try to resell a Fossil, Movado, Citizen, Seico, or any of the dog shit brands…they’re like the Daewoo’s of the watch world. Literally throw away pieces.

I’m not trying to hurt anyone’s feelings…but this is the plain and simple truth of the matter.

what about a Ulysse Nardin?