Watches

this wasn’t a discussion about the ultimate watch, this was a $400 budget/present type post. And if you understood that, your saying You would rather have a ebay’d fake rolex for $400, than a nice Movado?

Always heard/thought Movado was respectable?

:nod exactly!!!

I would never spend over $500 on a watch cause I think it’s foolish, but every one has their thing. If I had a boat load a cash I would, but I don’t, so I can’t :frowning:

Stop lying! Modded EVO + house. You a balla#%$#

UN makes a very nice product.

I named several watches that can be purchased for 4-500 that aren’t Bulova/Burberry/ect…

Thanks though.

I like my watch!!

What makes those watches mentioned such “dog shit”? I didn’t expect to get some super baller watch with only $300. As long as it lasts a while, keeps accurate time, and looks good… it’ll work for me. I love watches, but def do not know much about them… enlighten me.

still looking for a ferrari? yuz a balla

I gotz a suga m0mma.

i come out only when i see $$$ signs kiiiiiiiiiiid haha

Movement (greatest expense of most high end watches…most automatic movements or manual wind movements are all hand crafted and very intricate), materials i.e the type of “crystal” along with orbit angle and thickness, casing finish (most cases are raw steel with a stainless press over them to give them a cleaner finish but make the metal softer and more prone to deep scratches), painted vs etched markings, ect ect… Any quartz watch (as I mentioned) will keep accurate time. It’s a very simple and very easy to work on movement and production can be done by any machine thus significantly cutting production cost (a quartz watch will ALWAYS be less expensive than a manual wind or self winding watch if other things are equal). It’s like comparing a hyundai to a honda to an acura…they all offer different things…any of them will get you from point a to point b however. That’s the best way I can compare it to something I guess.

Timex for the win :crackup

sometimes i steal my dads rolex’s when i go to events/functions, but honestly… wearing a watch that is worth more than your arm, is to much work. You gotta open doors and shit with different hands, and always watch where your hands are, so you don’t bump into things and scratch them. Too much to worry about. if i fuck my fossil up, i’ll just buy another one.

Lol my dad has a Rolex Submariner Two-Tone but he won’t let me near it. Only time he ever takes it off is when does yard work.

makes enough sense to me. I’m moving up in the watch world very slowly… maybe I’ll have a really nice watch by the time I’m 50

My dad gave me shit for spending $300 on a watch, seriously. He rocks his Kenneth Cole watch and thinks its amazing. To each their own.

your parents always had their heads on straight about $$ though. my mom said the same thing. “wtf would you spend $400 on a watch???” meanwhile my brother bought a $400 watch and $200 sunglasses and nobody said shit to him… ahhh the joys of being the bad son.

A UK guy at my job has an Invicta (Russian Diver). It’s really nice.

Good call

Anyhow, I am looking to upgrade. I have a Movado now and can’t stand it. i want something that’s a bit more flashier. I don’t like leather bands and typically like the stainless steel look. My price range is near $1G or so.

Justin: Help a brother out!@

Walmart $9.96 ftw.
Still tells the time like an expensive watch and if I break the band I just throw it away.

The purpose of the watch isn’t to tell the time. At least to me.

+1.

I don’t like round watches.

This is how I roll:

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=209760&CategoryID=29298
http://slimages.macys.com/is/image/MCY/products/4/optimized/244654_fpx.tif?bgc=255,255,255&wid=327&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

I only wear it on occasions though…like with a suit or something. I do catch people looking at it.

:facepalm

Ey man. Some guys are just plain simple. Not exactly hip on the latest fashions, etc. Don’t hate.

For example, most people don’t know how to wear a cologne. Sounds simple? Not quite. There is different colognes for different occasions, etc.