Water bills: whats yours?

I think that some cities put the sewer in with the water bill, others charge for water only. Here in west seneca, we get billed for water usage only, the sewer is on the property taxes. My water usage bill is about 40 bucks per quarter, for a duplex of shower freaks. My property taxes were 2100 bucks this year for an old 50k house.

In buffalo, it was like 90-110 a quarter.

Here, its 60-70ish a month. sighhh

The foreclosure home I purchased in the city has been raping my asshole with $800/qtr bills even though I requested it be turned off 6 months ago. FUUUUUUU Buffalo.

Not Buffalo, but I think I’m paying $120 1/4 in Jersey City… so $435 is pretty insane.

I should’ve prefaced this and said I have 2 washers, 3 hot water heaters, 5 bathrooms, and 8 people living in my property.

I noticed the toilet in the basement running, as the shut off valve needed to be tweaked. I fixed it last week. Im wondering if that had been the source, that, or the fact that I have essentially 3 houses in one.

F

About 60 per quarter in Amherst, never been higher than 72 and lowest was 27.

I am sure if I fixed the slow drip issues I get from my hot water heater overflow valve it would save me a few bucks

Scott this is water and sewer not just water right?

Anyhow mine is around $140 a 1/4 combined for my double (2 washer and dryer, bathrooms etc)

I hope its at least combined, I set it up as automatic billing from my “house” bank account and its titled “division of water processed”

Ya my duplex in north buff is around 120-170 a 1/4 that’s sewer and water

If that’s the case it’s most likely grouped…I’m assuming we have the same payment plan.

*Also, check your payment history. If you were ever late, or missed a payment, it won’t always be reflected right away and could take months before you get hit with a balloon payment.

Like $50/qtr. But I live on an island. Water water everywhere.

This is very true.

What are city and school taxes for buffalo?

I dug through my records:

9/7/2010 I paid $234

and 12/1/2010 I paid $243

Maybe that running toilet jacked it up some.

oh, and I pay $5400 in misc. taxes

Amherst. $25-$35 per 1/4 for the fall and winter, Closer to $50 for the spring and summer 1/4’s

$100 a year in Getzville.

I have a ~$48 base meter/service charge and then usually use about $40 of water. I think it’s usally about 4000 gallons, not positive though. I know it’s high compared to other areas because my town is using Newstead’s water lines.
That’s the price for city water only… I have a septic otherwise.

40-50 for a two unit

In Scottsville I pay like $30 per quarter for water, and $50 per quarter for sewer.

I’m usually $40-45 per quarter, during the summer quarter it’s around $80 for watering the lawn.

Make sure you are sending the postcard in with your meter reading every quarter, or do it online. If they don’t receive a meter reading they will estimate your water usage. This could happen for a bunch of quarters in a row, and then when they finally come and do an actual meter reading you might be in for a huge bill if they have been underestimating.