Waverunner info

I know this is the bike forum but it does say “other motor vehicles” so I hopes this is the right place.

I’m thinking of buying one, maybe two waverunners. Probably will go with used from a dealer.

What are some things to look for as far as maintenance and the such??? What are good makes and models to buy??

I would love to get a boat, but my small backyard wouldn’t really be able to hold one. (tandem jet ski trailer is easily moved around by hand, boat not so much, especially on grass)

deffinatley look into a 4stroke. I would suggest looking towards yamaha’s, they have awsome reliability and great resale also. good luck finding one though

Soooo not true, especially when you have two jetskiis on it.

I have two Polaris machines and they have been great. The only issue with Polaris is that they don’t make them anymore. So parts may be hard to find in a few years. I have always liked the Yamaha’s and SeaDoo’s otherwise.

You’ll have to decide if you want a 2 seater or a 3 seater. 2 Seater is more for fun and jumping waves and whatnot. 3 seater is for cruising (you can only tow people on skiis and tubes with a 3 seater BTW).

Do not get one with a Supercharger or Turbo, I’ve heard a lot of horror stories about these things blowing up with only a few hours on the motor.

Maintenance: The only thing you’ll have to do with these is winterize them, keep the battery charged in the winter, and replace the plugs each season. Other than that they’re pretty easy to maintain. If you keep them full of oil and don’t run them in less than a foot of water you shouldn’t run into many problems.

Yamaha 4 stroke > *

I just recently sold my Yamaha VX110 Deluxe. I absolutely loved it. Make sure you really look it over for cracks in the fiberglass, etc.

Thanks for all the info Jordan. I forgot you had them.

As far as moving them goes, I’m not worried. A boat would take up my entire backyard. Maybe a couple years down the line I’ll get one when I’m in a different house.

Yeah the supercharged ones seemed nice but why not buy a larger displacement one if I want that kinda power.

Ideally, I’d like to get a two seater in the 85 HP range for the woman and then another two seater with a little more power for myself. We’ll see how that goes though.

We might just buy one this year and add a second next year. That way we could buy new.

Thanks for all the replies to everyone else as well.

Please do not buy a sea-doo. They handle like garbage.

Kawasaki or Yamaha would be my recommendation.