Good jet ski for <$3000?

Looking at getting a used jet ski but don’t really know which one to look for? Ive been on a 70hp one and it was nice when you were by yourself but once you had someone on the back it kinda dogged a little. Even when I was by myself, I still could used a little more power when I was messing around going in circles and going over my wake and just screwin around… Id prob prefer a 1 passenger but 2 is prob more practical. So for <$3000 what jet ski should I look for?

look for a 96 or newer seadoo gsx or xp. tehy are both good models that will run at 60 mph all day long. i bought my gsx for 1200 and was great, now i am picking up my new honda turbo in 2 weeks.

ive been on a lot of ski’s. i grew up on the water. dont get a seadoo. they do not handle nearly as well as other ski’s out there.

i used to have 2 kawasaki(late 90’s models) 650cc’s. very fun, very reliable, handled well.

i was VERY impressed with a friends polaris last year. thing was brand new, but that thing handled superbly. It was a 3 seater, me him and my gf were all on it. we were getting tossed around pretty good. one time tho, the thing started tipping REAL good, we were all just staring at the water waiting to get wet. Kid who was drivin just nails the gas as it was tipping. fucking thing pulled itself right out of it and we never hit the water. i was impressed.

another friend of mine has a seedoo, which is prolly a late 90s early 2000’s, it was not nearly as nice.

ive never riden a yamaha, so i cant comment on them. but they seem to have a keen name in the business and they build all sorts of cool toys

Yeah, what he said. When you spend that little though be prepared for shit to break. I had a 2001 Yamaha GP1200R that I spent like $4k on with only 60 hours and I never had 1 problem with it and it did mid 60’s all day long with 2 people on it.

when you get one… dont drop anything in the hull!!! but they are quite simple to work on

BadazzSS & I have '97 / '99 Polaris SLTX 1050cc 125hp 3 seaters that we scored in your price range, it does over 60mph and just flat out rocks no matter what you use it for