Weddign ring question

Ok, so the girlfriend and I have been looking at rings lately. Yes, it’s coming to that point soon, which we are both excited about.

The other day we were looking, and she said she finally found what style ring she liked, which was a tension ring. Basically, the only thing holding the stone in the ring is the tension from the ring itself.

Has anyone heard of these, and how do they compare to regular rings as far as longevity, and likelihood of the stone coming out? Also, is there any differences between 14K gold, platinum or titanium for this type of setting?

This is basically the design she likes:

http://www.jamesallen.com/_images/jewelry/Tension-Rings-Platinum-Engagement-Ring-wSpiral-Tension-Setting-big01357.jpg

how long have you been together? if its less than 3 years, dont fucking do it.

You should go to a jeweler and smash it on the ground, or try to pry the diamond out.
if it doesnt fall out, i would say you’re good to go lol

that scares the shit out of me personally. go in and talk to jewlers about it, INSURE the rock, and make sure it’s INSURED.

x2.
i would not want to walk around with that on in public for fear that the fucking rock would bounce out. ugh.

meh, my rents were together 3 months before they were engaged, and 5 months later they were married.

this June will be their 30th anniversary.

just karter is basing this all on a girl he dated who sucked 2 guys dicks in one day. sooo yeah.

It’s been over three years. Already discussed it a lot.

And from what I have read more, it looks like there is supposed to be 12000 lbs of pressure holding the diamond in. And according to my girlfriend, they are supposed to be safer than regular rings cause the prongs can’t break.

Can you get this in princess cut?

Go to www.pricescope.com and post there. Ding dongs here won’t be much actual help.

Tension settings CAN lose the stone, and typically aren’t all that recommended for an every day ring like an e-ring. PS will be more help.

are you or your siblings 29 years old? <3

Very good info right there ^^^ I took the plunge and got engaged this past summer after like 6 years… but when looking at a bunch of rings I came across one very similar to what you posted.

I liked the ring alot but was also told by the jeweler that for an everyday ring he would not recommend it. Any significant hit or snag can loosen up the setting and ultimately could cause the stone to fall out.

This cite has alot of information but make sure she is correctly sized because they are almost impossible to get resized.

http://www.novori.com/tension-set-rings.php

[QUOTE=I<3SHOtime;1585454]This cite has alot of information but make sure she is correctly sized because they are almost impossible to get resized.

http://www.novori.com/tension-set-rings.php[/QUOTE]

lol… cite.

lol

I wouldnt trust a tension setting for everyday use…

I know there is some epoxy/glue that can be used to ensure the stone is in there a little better, but a good BANG and it will come out… and they dont just fall out, they SHOOT out of there… one of my friends lost hers…

In infinite womens wisdom, she replaced the diamond with a CZ… and never told her husband

Maybe she was referring to her citation of the information there Will haha. (I have to admit though…I am a little embarassed that she was a grammar/spelling nazi victim.)

I’d be afraid the diamond would pop right out.

PS - AWWWW!!!