Wedding DJ

Since it was closed…

What is something you look for in a wedding DJ?

just someone to play some crappy music and play a few extra songs?

idk for the most part i’d think you would tell them the music you want to play ?

if i ever get married there will be no “wedding dj” no dance floor.

live music, no one doing the fucking chicken dance and the food will be strictly bbq

ftw

ps my current gf is totally cool with that idea. keeper

you will have a dance floor. where the fuck will i dance.

hahah you know what that crossed my mind… im serious :hay:

“but wait… where will newman dance??”

god. you need a dance floor? thats as pretentious as a range rover.

You can tell them specifically “play this” or “don’t play this” but if they’re a good DJ you can count on them to know what to play and when. I would advise against telling them exactly what to play rather than just setting a few do’s and don’ts, as they have more experience and know better how to keep a crowd going than you do. Where do you usually have better music for partying: A bar with a jukebox or a club with a DJ?

But they also run the reception, introducing the wedding party in a way that sets the tone for an energetic fun night, running the speeches, 1st dances, boquet and garter toss, being entertaining without stealing the show, etc. They’re not just music players, they’re MC’s.

lol.
well… in my experience people get angry when you dance in a non-designated dancing area. mostly because they are being knocked over.

fuck that shit. catching up with friends and family you havent seen in a while and pwning gin and tonics > being forced to dance/listen to the dj say dumb shit/doing the fucking chicken dance. srsly

oh and no head table either. i want to sit with all of my friends. head table = mad weak

I know where you’re coming from. Hell I don’t like to dance myself. But receptions are also about celebrating and showing your guests a good time which means dancing for those who want to dance. Besides, who doesn’t like watching drunk chicks in dresses wiggle?

simple… clear off a table… and let him dance on the table… Show case his talents

i’d much rather booze and actually talk to drunk chicks ie how i aquired my current gf he he he

You might change your mind…at first we wanted a destination, small & casual wedding…no DJ…no wedding dress…Now we have a huge bridal party and a full blown wedding in October…

You also own a pug…

Jam 4 Prez.

I set up my stereo and laptop with a playlist all in advance and just started it when my wedding reception started. DJ problem solved. I didn’t hear one song I didn’t like. :slight_smile:

And when it’s YOUR wedding, and YOUR money, YOUR the only one whose thought’s matter.

wedding DJs are the bitches of the world

they talk about how many lights and amps they have in conversation

why i don’t do weddings:

• you are not only the DJ but the MC, and you have to carry out all the traditions
  • i don’t have the chicken dance, electric slide, or any of that gay shit on my laptop.
  • you have to bring your own sound to every event you do, which sucks
  • sub-par money for long hours
  • everyones like “hey fuck you you ruined my important day” if you fuck up

i’ve never done a real wedding before and don’t plan on it unless they REALLY want me…people hound me to do theirs and i hate not picking up the phone and being honest with em but it’s simply cornball central and more trouble then its worth in my opinion. i have done a pretty badass event at ani di franco’s church that was like a revow, though. that was worth every penny, mad hot girls and a good performance is always signified by people rushing the stage :slight_smile:

Basically radio DJ-ing.

It’s devoid of creativity, but someone needs to do it.