Looking for a Good Band

So…

I got engaged a couple of weeks ago. i would like to find a band for for our wedding reception. i really dont want a wedding band. i want to get a band that plays clubs, bars, parties, etc.

to make a long story short, when my fiance’s brother got married a couple summers ago, they found a band in chicago (the live in chicago and got married in wisconson) that played a wide variety of stuff, but never played at a wedding. they ended up convincing this band (called “Then Again” based in chicago) to play the wedding, and they played EVERYTHING. the wedding was pretty much the best party night ive ever had. sounds lame, but its true.

looking for a band that plays any of the following artists (or majority of them). I know this is crosses a number of genres, but you get the general idea. Im looking for a band that will cover party hits by the following artists with energy and enthusiasm

O.A.R.
Journey
Bon Jovi
The Killers
AC/DC
Don Henley
Bruce Springstein
Coldplay
Counting Crows
The Cure
Dave Matthews Band
Eddie Money
The Fray
Fall Out Boy
Goo Goo Dolls
Guns n Roses
Incubus
Jimmy Buffet
Led Zeppelin
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Michael Jackson
Panic! At the Disco
RHCP
Rolling Stones
Sublime
Billy Joel
Tom Petty
U2
Van Morrison
Beatles
3 Doors Down
3rd Eye Blind
Good Charlotte
John Mellencamp

Any bands or suggestions you have are welcome.

If you feel like insulting the bands i have selected, promptly click “New Posts” on the toolbar above, and find another thread to post in. i need suggestions and ideas, not negative crap.

thanks in advance for the help. i know there are a lot of people on here that know how to have a good time… bring on the suggestions!

Why not a DJ?

i feel like a dj is more of a safe route… plus i have been to weddings with djs that have been complete tools that dont know how to read a group of people, what mood they are in, whats working, what they want to hear, etc. now that im typing this, maybe a dj isnt such a safe route after all…

anyway, i would be open to a dj only if i cant find a band that plays a good chunk (or is willing to learn) what we are looking for.

also, everyone that went to my fiance’s bros wedding STILL talks about what a ridiculously good time it was (including me). it was like a rock concert, college party, dance, and wedding all rolled into one fantastic package.

i want to have that type of experience at my wedding. i want to leave knowing that everyone had the best time possible.

Everytime I Die.

Perfect for a wedding!!

cool sound, actually kinda like what i heard, but not quite what im looking for. more of a really kick ass cover (all) band.

thanks for the suggestion though :tup:

Local Band in Rochester called Perfect World. Play real good Alternative stuff. Real good live. Ill see if i can get there number

The Half Ton Horns, I do audio/lights for them. Great brass/funk mix. Lots of energy and fun always comes with them when we play out.

http://www.thehalftonhorns.com/

^^ was a total joke man

The Rev Live

or there is always Lance Diamond!

Nazi Youth Brigade

I would reccomend a dj. As stated before its a safer route…

a. wtf dude, you did NOT call and tell me this
b. i better be invited
c. i like toms idea, THE REV is a pretty badass band that does some REALLY good covers…but they might be a bit too punk for a wedding…but who knows…

New Rage. They play at the fire hall for the 4th of july beer tent every year. They are VERY good and do alot of classic rock covers. They do a very good cover of Freebird. We are always super packed when they play. I’ll let you know right now right now that they are expensive but VERY worth it if you a kick ass band. They are playing TODAY Dec. 30th at The Filling Station in Akron. I suggest you come check them out. FYI it is a small bar and it will be PACKED! But definatly worth seeing.

To book them or questions call Mike 585-704-5313.

Thanks for telling your friends asshole…oh wait maybe you did and I was not included >:0

wow sam i vmiss the days of chilling with u guys in the mighty parking lot whil lee slid his bare ass across me tercel or when we were going to pus spinners on my regal

It Dies Today, I got the hook up! HOLLA, HOLLA, HOLLA!

PushButtonTheory.com … friends of mine gonna be your best bet …

X2 :tup:

congrats bro! awesome to hear

i second that. my good friends brother is in that band

www.therevlive.com

If you do decide to go DJ, try to book Signature Entertainment. They use experienced DJ’s (all 15+ years experience DJing) that know how to read crowds and shit. They’re very professional, no young kids and shit. Mike Svetlock runs it and is also their best DJ, FYI…