Welcome to the Bible belt

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ef9c261837cd95c720930586a6f1e015/tumblr_mfpza1cLel1r80sa3o1_1280.jpg

Enjoy your stay.

Yes, it’s a real textbook. :bowdown

It might be from a real text book but, it must be from a Parochial school. Below that they are asking to read Peter 3:5. Can’t think of any Public school that would ask klids to read the Bible. I’m sure all Parochial schools align themselves with what they can interpret from the Bible…No surprise there

YEAH. KEEP GAWD IN OUR SCHOOLS THEN THESE SCHOOL SHOOTINS WONT HAPPEN.

Yeah, I thought Huckabee’s comments were one of the stupidest things I had heard from a politician…Ever…The problem is that there are plenty of people out there that probably agree with him…

you would be surprised then, there are public schools in the south that have kids read bible verses. esp when u get into the rural parts, just because it’s illegal and unconstitutional doesn’t mean they wont get away with it. as long as nobody makes a fus about it no one will ever know.

Kinda like skylines :wink:

I have nothing to say to this because I can not wrap my head around this text book.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2012/11/19/16/enhanced-buzz-8923-1353362381-8.jpg

:rofl

Wow…

If it can’t be explained, god did it. Long term there is going to be less and less that cannot be explained.

God of the gaps is a type of theological perspective in which gaps in scientific knowledge are taken to be evidence or proof of God’s existence. The term was invented by Christian theologians not to discredit theism but rather to point out the fallacy of relying on teleological arguments for God’s existence.[1] Nonetheless, in current usage, it refers to a specific form of the argument from ignorance fallacy
However, even if it can be explained, doesn’t mean it can’t be contributed to the ‘creator’

The world of “beliefs” will never be ruled out by logic. It’s in our nature to believe in things, whether religious or daily.

Hell, every single one of us believes we are right about things we think, otherwise we wouldnt be thinking or doing them.

The bible is a way of life in the south. I used a lawyer in Reform, AL that sent me a book about Jesus with my receipt… Thaaaanks.

Here’s a funny letter from a lawyer I used in NC. The last sentence is LOL.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/09/ne5e4ehu.jpg

Brought to you by the same people who came up with this

I’ve grown up in a very Christian family. My father was a pastor for a while so I can tell you alot of stuff when it comes to the Bible, creationism and what not. I think the books you posted were from private Christian schools that stricly teach “God created everything end of story”. Theres no way in hell that those were from public schools since kids cant get in trouble from having a bible in schools nowadays. And whoever said the comment about the south is pretty correct. Alot of southern schools go by the good book instead of teaching evolutionism.

My opinions differ alot from my parents but I’ve learned a decent amount. Ive seen some crazy ass, hyprocitacal, pointing fingers Christians over the years…Its rather concerning.

I dont believe anything unless it slaps me in the face. If I can see a giant boney structure with big fuckin teeth, I believe it. If you want to call it a dinosaur I guess I will to. If “God” came over and punched me in the dick with a sticker on his robe that says “Hello, My name is GOD” and then proved to be really bad ass and made something pop out of thin air however I requested it, I will believe in that too.

Until then, I am 99% apart of the 15% and 1% stuck between the other two choices. We live in something, and I can see all kinds of things around me. Call it a universe, or whatever you want. I don’t need to believe in that, I KNOW that because its real and right now. The thing that gets me and is the reason for that 1% left is where is the line drawn for whats “real”. Logically my universe and its contents are contained in something, which is contained in something else, …… And even if there is a God looking down at the universe and watching us all do what we do, WHERE IS HE/SHE/IT THEN??? And whats above that? Where does it end?

With that being said, I don’t believe in any religious stuff to the point I can use those beliefs to cope with my life. I choose to try to ignore things in my life I cant control and focus on what I can to keep me happy for the moments. Death is my 2nd most fear, uncertainty of “death” is the 1st.

LOOOOL