weld locking a differential.

Hey guys i want to weld my diff up tomorrow and need to know if i have to remove the diff from the car and dissasemle it or can i drop it down and pull the pan off and weld it up right in the car. I want to do this tomorrow but dont really know how long its goona take as ive never done this before. any help would be greatly appriciated. thanks. ive been searching for two nights and cant really find any pics of it. I am a very good welder and mechanically inclide but i have never done this before so i am seeking some advice. thanks guys

i dont know but i would say pull it right down im pretty sure you have to drop you subframe though so its a big undertakeing

ok you take out the bolts holding the axels to the diff, there are 12 of them in total.

than remove the 4 nuts that are on the back of the diff.

than remove the 2 bolts underneath the diff.

and ur diff it out …

then weld thanx for filling in the blanks

I have heard of people doing it while in the car, for the time it takes to pull it i would rather do it that way as there is a fuel tank RIGHT behind it lol.

make sure u spray a shit load of brake cleaner and then spray all the guk out with the compressor.

as far as pics go its really nothign special. weld the 4 walls the gears are against, and the 4 corners where the gears touch, rotate to the other side, do the same.

google search it if your having problems

follow the steps i took according to the pic below, i dont know what diff it is but same dealio.

welded diffs… soooooo janky.

if that is true you would know that you’re not going to get a proper weld trying to weld through gear oil with it still on the car.

ok guys thanks. i thought it would be just that easy. im goona do it tomorrow and ill take pics along the way thanks alot guys…

ok thanks for the asshole remarks. there are chemicals that get rid of the effect of gear oil… A** dont shit on my thread, if you dont have something constructive stay the F*** out. AH*. fill in the blanks and i know its a butcher job to weld it but i dont have the money to buy a lsd righ now…

easy killer know need for everyone to get all pissed off DRAMA SECTION by the way take for pics i wanna see

its just annoying that EVERYONE hates people shitting on their thread but everyone has to put their smart ass remarks in, i suggest a temp ban for robby, this is exactly what everyone on here gets pissed off about.

oh well sh!t happens anyways back on topic take some pics i wanna see but make sure you do it inside lol

easy now folks…

all is well, calm blue ocean.

lol welcome to SON
good luck on your task and post pics up after

thanks for all that helped, pics should be up as soon as i get them

hahaha im a white ocean like oceans 13 “s13”

lol