welder question

well im sure most fo you know how scumbag raymond wirth(hairymonkee,4x4jimmy) stole my welder, well since im going to be coming into some cash, im looking to buy a new one, im looking to spend 400 or so on a flux/mig welder, preferably one where the regulator and such for the gas is included, ive found a few so far that meet my requirements im just having a tough time deciding on a brand. at my work there have a miller and a lincoln both on gas and the lincoln sucks, but i had a lincoln last time and did mostly flux and it worked great for me, so idk
its between lincoln,miller, or clarke what do you guys recommend?

Look into weldmark, its the bluepoint of Lincoln, and its good stuff. 400 is tough though, good welders cost just a little more.

Why don’t you get your welder back if you know who has it?

Stick it up your ass

Honestly brand doesn’t matter. There are alot of manufactures that all make a good product that will work good and last a long time if you maintain it.
With your track record of how I should I say it… incompetency?? I’d say buy a cheap ass hobart mig welder. If you break or “lose” it again its not that big of deal. Plus $400 isnt going to get you much, def not a new miller.

Maybe save up your pennies or ask Santa?? X-mas isnt over yet… lol

well my last one was 400 and it worked great for what i used it for, i was just wondering if the miller or hobart models would be better than the lincoln

i have a little Hobart handler 125. I allways plan on getting the gas setup for it but as of yet have not gotten around to it.

Works great for what i have used it for. Though welding with flux wire on thin metal is alien to me and i still need some practice.

shop around, i have a 220v 160a linde unit that cost me like 400+ some misc 3rd gen f body interior pieces. only problem i had was the trigger switch was dieing a slow death

i love my hobart 140. Hobart and miller are made by the same company but the miller has a few nicer features and is made a little better. I think hobart 140s are like $450 ish at tractor supply but you still gotta buy gas and solid wire

i also have a hobart handler 125, with the gas. it works great for light steel. I also have the aluminum conversion kit. its ok, but not great for aluminum.

Lowes carries a Lincoln pro-mig 140 which is the newest 110 lincoln welder. I bought one a few months ago it works awesome, very happy with it. I also was able to use a homedepot 10% coupon at lowes which saved me a few bucks. i think in the end i spent like 470ish. I spent alot of time comparing lincoln/hobart/miller the promig 140 had the best features to price.

to add-- i built most of my car rotissere with it. it had no problem welding 5/16 metal. had to switch to flux core as it welds thicker metal but no biggie machine came with both set up’s

if you buy a welder that has the capability of using gas you can always buy that a little down the road. this way the money you have now will buy you a better welder.