Welders help!

I cleaned out the nozzle when I started, I’ll have to mess around with it to make sure its working right.

Quick side question. What’s the best way to remove seam sealer? I’m going to be stitch welding most of the seams in the front of the 240.

Best way? Acid dip the chassis :lol

Typically get yourself a good scraper and a heat gun to remove the mass of it. Use a 90 degree pick to scrape as much of the crap out of the actual lap joint of the panels you’re stitching together. Then right in the areas you want to weld, use acetone and then compressed air with a point nozzle to clean as best possible and blow as much residue out of the lap joint. I’ll typically flash the area with a propane torch therafter to burn off any acetone that didn’t evaporate, otherwise you’ll have some interesting things going on when you pull the trigger(flare ups)

Thanks I will commence stitching this weekend :number1

Black puck wheels in a low speed die grinder or electric drill(under 20K rpm) speed up the process. You can buy puck wheels from napa, lowes, etc. They help get to bare metal through epoxy primer and paint, use acetone/air afterwards to remove debris.

i usally grind it down to shiny metal. pre wire wheel if ness. wipre down with acetone , the proceed to use a flap wheel on die grinder. going against rotation and starting at the end were i’m going to stop weldin working my way to the beginnig or weld areas. this way it’s constanrly pushing it towards the begining and of panel. then wipe done with acetone. blow it all out. and yes hit it with the mapps gas to make sure all acess acetone is gone.

but every one’s got a different method no matter who u talk to. i think flapper whepp work better and doesn’t inbed or seem to trap anything in to meatal.\burthats just my opinion.