Welding class suggestions

I’m looking to take welding classes or workshops, pertaining to oxyacetylene welding, some brazing, arc welding and mig welding. does anyone have any suggestions?
I am asking because I am looking to get a wire fed mig welder, 220v. I would be doing some exhaust work, some sculpture, and just some general welding.
Any input will be helpful, thanks.

i think ccac has classes but they tore down the old building

I took an intro welding class through CCAC in either ‘02’ or '03. Can’t remember. It was offered at the Western Area Career and Tech center in Canonsburg. 6 Wednesdays, 3 hour classes. Taught how to use Oxy-Acetalene torches, then mostly stick welding. And the last class was a MIG and TIG intro.

$150 and all materials included. I think you needed to buy your own gloves and jacket.

I took classes at CCBC a couple years back. They had 2 levels of classes. Intro was oxy/acetalene cutting, brazing, and stick welding. The 2nd level of classes was MIG and TIG welding. All we had to do was buy gloves, helmet (or use their shitty ones), and a jacket. The class was only $100-some. We were allowed to stay over and do ‘projects’ using the school’s steel stock. That paid for itself…

Thanks guys for the suggestions, Sounds like I’ll be getting in touch with A ccac advisor To see which location is going to work best for me. I’ll most likley be signing up for the intro, then expert classes.

excellent idea. it will eliminate a lot of beginners mistakes. good luck with the classes.

ccac west will have welding classes in the fall. I’ll definitely be taking MIG and TIG a couple evenings a week.

I get to practice welding for free all the time… Im in the Boilermakers , im still stick welding at the moment, …
Are you planning on Welding as a Hobby? or looking to do Welding work as a job/ side job?
'I know wal-mart has a welder for $100.it comes with gloves, hood, , and some sticks, you can practice with that, depending on how serious you are… just my input

I’m alot like you, I get to weld all I want at work. I really wish we still had a stick. I haven’t got to stick weld in about 10 years.:squint: But I do have an awesome Miller Mig-Matic 230 at home. It really welds so much better than the Lincoln we have at work.

On the subject, I took a couple of welding classes years ago at the vo-tech in New Stanton. It cost about $150.00 per class, but was well worth it.